Cruzer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
smyrna, tn
RearSeat.jpg

RearSeat2.jpg

Console.jpg

FrontSeats.jpg

as u can tell, no where to put subs under the seat. behind the seat, there is very very little space. lastly u can see that the console is not very wide, its not even 10" wide so cant even do a 10" sub there unless someone has an idea.

only way i see console box working is if i downfire it, but it would be a tall box, as the sub cant mount between the seats, so it would be above the seats. so take a good 5" or more mounting depth sub, +the 4 inches to get over the seat+ 2-3 inches behind sub, it would be really tall.

also behind the console, i tried to figure out a way for it to work there, but again same prob, its not 10" at any part, i would have to go with an 8" which just doesnt cut it for me for a single sub setup. not to mention i want a SQ sub, not an spl sub (sa-8).

i could remove a seat, but looks really retarded. not to mention i want to be able to fit people

ideas?

cut out your back wall behind the seats make an extension into the bed put subs in there sealed firing into cabin, that would be your only way to have your cake and eat it...that is if you want big booming bass.

could also do a fiberglass center console. then you have a ton of freedom to do what you want.
how so? its not wide enough at any point, except for maybe 8s. how does fiberglassing change that?

cut out your back wall behind the seats make an extension into the bed put subs in there sealed firing into cabin, that would be your only way to have your cake and eat it...that is if you want big booming bass.
my bed is already the smallest bed on any truck, i could do that but then i might as well buy an suv lol

lol, rear seat center console....... yes, you would have to remove the mid rear seat, but i wouldn't even really call that a seat anyways, and it would still look like it just has 4 separate buckets. you can fire foreward, or rear. ported 8?...... even L-7 8" (os if you can, and has same cone area of a 10) wtf is under the rear seat anyways? gas tank? it might just be a facia
u want me to cut the seat out? thats retarded

its a 60/40 bench seat

8's in a console, or glass something in the leg room of the rear; incorporating console if needed.

Saw a guy squeeze 3 8's in a fiberglass enclosure in between console and rear seats, firing up at an angle, while leaving leg room for a passenger on either side. Can't recall where the thread was, but hopefully you grasp the concept?

You could use a MDF ring and fire the sub back. Using glass would allow you to do that fairly easy.
I still don't understand how fiberglassing is going to make a 10" or 12" sub fit when my max width is only like 8-9"

Plenty of room in the back, I would just sacrifice the middle of the rear seat and either build a small enclosure on the floor (thus dividing the floor space and leaving the seat untouched) or you could ditch the center part all together and build a larger enclosure using the floor and seat space.

Can you wedge a shallow 10 in a glassed enclosure in the upper part of the passenger footwell area? Like have it firing downwards at the passenger's ankles?

If not, really big kick panel enclosure?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.