Where to set Nakamichi PA-1500

Participant count
  • Participant list

JFossTheBoss
10+ year member

Hey,

I've got the Nak PA-1500 hooked up to two PG RSdC 104s. The amp is rated at 1200w rms, and the subs are at 600 rms each.

On the amp there are a couple different settings. I'm looking to have a moderately high amount of bass (still want to hear the lyrics, but also want to hear the bass that I spent quite a bit of money on).

Where should I set each of the following? Included is the range and what I currently have it set at.

Sub Sonic (Hz): 15-35 ... 15

LP Filter (Hz): 50-200 ... 100

Phase: 0-180 ... 0

Remote Bass: Off ... Didn't bother installing the remote

Low/High : .2-2V/.8-8V ... .2-2V (what is this?)

Bass-EQ: 0-18 ... 18 (shuold this get turned down?)

Gain: 1-5 ... 3 (can I turn this up without hurting my subs?)

I'd like to turn the bass up as high as possible on the amp, then be able to turn it up/down on the headunit to my liking. I usually keep it at a moderate level like I said, but if I have a friend in the car that wants to hear it loud, I'd like to be able to turn it up right on the HU. And I should probably set the Hz on the headunit to whatever I have set as the LP for the crossover right?

PS: I'm building the box as we speak (sealed), so I can't do it by ear and want to have an idea of what would be best. Also heard you shouldn't test gain and such by ear because it will damage the sub.

Let me know what I should change and why. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.