wheres the SQ heads?

Yes this site is mostly ignorant kids that listen to C(rap) and don't have a clue about much. Anybody who is stupid enough to put a big system in a ride without SQ is just an ignorant fool. These are the same fools that get their stuff jacked and make poor grades in school. Pathetic! Go to DIYMA and you will find real audio pros and guys with tons of real education and real backgrounds in pro audio. Anybody with a car that burps needs to be punched in the balls!

Yes this site is mostly ignorant kids that listen to C(rap) and don't have a clue about much. Anybody who is stupid enough to put a big system in a ride without SQ is just an ignorant fool. These are the same fools that get their stuff jacked and make poor grades in school. Pathetic! Go to DIYMA and you will find real audio pros and guys with tons of real education and real backgrounds in pro audio. Anybody with a car that burps needs to be punched in the balls!
Tolerance, you're doing it wrong.

No, they actually have guys that know about why people are idiots for running amps at 1 ohm or less because they have no clue of VI limiting or the huge difference in sound quality with the same amp running at 4 ohms instead. People that build show quality installs not some big, stupid, ported box that honks like a duck at one frequency and is thrown in the back of some piece of **** with no front staging, no alarm, no insurance, and has limo tint all around. It says it all when you go there and they have 25,000 threads on SQ and 172 threads about spl!!!!! My cars are brutally loud BUT also sound like you are in the front row of a concert with crystal clear mids and highs, no distortion (because I know how far to turn it up), and nothing is visible to the eye. Looks completely stock unless you open the trunks. No DIYMA is far from weak, it's just not for ignorant kids that want some Chinese crap amp that puts out masive power for pennies and sounds like **** so you can have a stupid window decal and jack each other off!!

I got SQ heads for ya,

IMG00430.jpg

IMG00448.jpg

You newborz are forgetting there are THREE types of car audio. Bassheads, Audiophiles, and TWEAKS. The new generation seems to have not heard the tweaks because they are trying to use two types of car audio instead of three. Tweaks are people who can't or don't want to sink the money into being an audiophile, but still want to buy upper end stuff and tweak the hell out of it until it sounds as good as possible. They care about staging, they care about quality, they may be bassheads on friday and listen for the SQ on monday. Their systems are not anywhere near as expensive as an audiophile system.

As long as they squeeze the best they can afford into the car and spend countless hours making it sound as good as possible as an ENTIRE SYSTEM, not just subs or just high end mids and tweets, but the ENTIRE SYSTEM tweaked all to hell, then they are the missing link between the Audiophile SQ systems and the Bassheads.

If you are a Car Audio newb, grab some old CA&E mags from the 90's and read about the tweaks when they were at their strongest when people had good music to listen to and wanted to hear it, before the bassheads took over. The demise of the tweaks as the largest group began when IASCA introduced the DB Drags in the late 90's.

Frankly I believe if there were any good music being made, people would be more inclined to listen to it. Blame the recording industry.

Frankly I believe if there were any good music being made, people would be more inclined to listen to it. Blame the recording industry.
Sadly, most modern recordings are so dang hot that they have taken all dynamic range out of the music. Thanks loudness wars for your uber compression techniques to make something sound "loud" on a portable MP3 player.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

No DIYMA is far from weak, it's just not for ignorant kids that want some Chinese crap amp that puts out masive power for pennies and sounds like **** so you can have a stupid window decal and jack each other off!!
I don't think I've seen a more pretentious squad than the regulars at DIYMA. Guys who somehow think they know a lot about audio, yet couldn't recognize good sound if it bit them on the ass.

There are thousands of new recordings released every year. Personally, I can only sample a (calculated) few hundred and find more than enough to supplement a rather intensive musical diet. And, those are just the Western records. If you do some reading, and listening based on what you find, go out every week and buy 4-5 used CDs of interest, I'm bet you'll come across all sorts of wonderful discoveries.

You newborz are forgetting there are THREE types of car audio. Bassheads, Audiophiles, and TWEAKS. The new generation seems to have not heard the tweaks because they are trying to use two types of car audio instead of three. Tweaks are people who can't or don't want to sink the money into being an audiophile, but still want to buy upper end stuff and tweak the hell out of it until it sounds as good as possible. They care about staging, they care about quality, they may be bassheads on friday and listen for the SQ on monday. Their systems are not anywhere near as expensive as an audiophile system.
As long as they squeeze the best they can afford into the car and spend countless hours making it sound as good as possible as an ENTIRE SYSTEM, not just subs or just high end mids and tweets, but the ENTIRE SYSTEM tweaked all to hell, then they are the missing link between the Audiophile SQ systems and the Bassheads.

If you are a Car Audio newb, grab some old CA&E mags from the 90's and read about the tweaks when they were at their strongest when people had good music to listen to and wanted to hear it, before the bassheads took over. The demise of the tweaks as the largest group began when IASCA introduced the DB Drags in the late 90's.

Very true....and sad

This..

Alot of you guys should read up on the "loudness war"

i usually only listen to rap, and the way some of these albums are mixed and mastered now @ days is horrible.

Listen to grandpa over here. I love the people who claim only good stuff was when they were first getting into it, and now everything being done/made *****. Maybe you **** old man.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.