which exhaust for my rsx

dc sports or comptech.or greddy,they are nice and quiet!

honda tech is a great wealth of knowledge.i also got my greddy turbo kit with intercooler, used on there for $1100 shipped!!

honestly just save your money. i did a full 2.5 exhaust staight pipe and intake and really dont notice a difference at all. in fact i have a shittier take off. but in my case i had to because i was running rich. i do race and thats where i did see a major difference of almost a second off my original time. so if its your daily save the money a) you will get annoyed no mater how mellow the sound is b) saved money c) no gains until top end which you wont see much.

yeah i'm in the process of having a set of headers, 3" downpipe and dual 2.5" exhaust tips made for my Mazda6. I'm hoping to add a good bit of HP with that as it's costing me a good chunk of change.

honestly, what i would do is get the muffler you want, then goto an exhaust shop, have them mandrel bend you some pipes for your car from the cat back, then have them make you a "test pipe". You will save yourself alot of money that way.

And a testpipe is a replacement for the cat, its just a straight pipe. You'll be testing it for the life of the vehicle im sure.

honestly just save your money. i did a full 2.5 exhaust staight pipe and intake and really dont notice a difference at all. in fact i have a shittier take off. but in my case i had to because i was running rich. i do race and thats where i did see a major difference of almost a second off my original time. so if its your daily save the money a) you will get annoyed no mater how mellow the sound is b) saved money c) no gains until top end which you wont see much.
i hope you're talking about shaving a second off a lap time on a road course because a second off a quarter mile time is extremely significant.

no im talking about 1/4 mile. but i also had the car tuned, messed with the timing, took off a/c, and took out all my stereo ****.

unless you added a turbo or something i still don't see how a tune with just exhaust will reduce 1 second. well maybe if you were running 16's i could see it.

wow are you kidding first off i lost close to 500lbs, i advanced the timing quite a bit, losing the a/c is a rediculous help plus going from 15.3-14.2 is not a hard acheivement.

Take your car to the local reputable exhaust place. Tell the tech. not the guy at the counter, EXACTLY what you want. And they will hook you up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

munchies

10+ year member
Mazdaspeed3, zoom-zoom
munchies
Orlando
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date