Which JL 10W3 to get?

kurtfromct
10+ year member

CT
I plan on getting 2 10" JL W3s but dont know if i should get the 4ohm or 2ohm version. i can get 2 brand new for $310. Or does anyone recommend something else with a similar mounting depth for around the same price. I had 2 10w0s with a 500w JL amp and want more bass. thanks.

ok thanks. i checked out that amp and its right in budget. why run 1 ohm instead of 2? does sound quality go up or down?

ok thanks. i checked out that amp and its right in budget. why run 1 ohm instead of 2? does sound quality go up or down?
It doesn't really matter as long as it matches what your amp "wants" for an impedance. Technically higher impedance is better because it is more efficient to run high voltage through a wire than high current (hence high voltage power lines), but almost all sub amps these days are optimized for 1 ohm.

OP, please don't ignore this question, unless you are set on the JLs. We can probably recommend you something as good or better for you.
Well he said he wants more bass so im guessing he ones of those who want a little bit of both worlds.

But op, for 2 10s in that price range, im going to have to say ssa dcon. Great subs and cant go wrong with em. They will actually be a little cheaper than 310. Thats about how much it is for their 2 of the 12s shipped.

But unless you will buy used, then its a whole different story.

Tl;dr your op so their is my .02 cents

OP, please don't ignore this question, unless you are set on the JLs. We can probably recommend you something as good or better for you.
i had a 2 JL 10W0s that i got for a great deal brand new powered by a 500w JL amp with the stock bose speakers and head unit in my 06 sierra 2500 and i used a PAC adapter to get the hookups for the amp. it sounded nice, i could play the music real high without it being distorted but the bass wasnt anything special. the W0s didnt hit as low as i wanted. My friend on the other hand had one 8w3 with a 250w JL amp with an alpine double din and that 1 sub hit soo much harder than mine. now my sierra is gone, so i want to outfit the dodge ram much better. so im going with a pioneer double din, aftermarket speakers and want subs that hit alot harder. i know its a truck and space is limited but the mounting depth is 6.75" for 10" subs, so i think i can fit nice size subs. the 2 JL 10w3s will run me $310 brand new. JL is pretty good stuff that is def overpriced on places like crutchfield, but $310 seems reasonable for new. im open to suggestions, im no audio expert.

i had a 2 JL 10W0s that i got for a great deal brand new powered by a 500w JL amp with the stock bose speakers and head unit in my 06 sierra 2500 and i used a PAC adapter to get the hookups for the amp. it sounded nice, i could play the music real high without it being distorted but the bass wasnt anything special. the W0s didnt hit as low as i wanted. My friend on the other hand had one 8w3 with a 250w JL amp with an alpine double din and that 1 sub hit soo much harder than mine. now my sierra is gone, so i want to outfit the dodge ram much better. so im going with a pioneer double din, aftermarket speakers and want subs that hit alot harder. i know its a truck and space is limited but the mounting depth is 6.75" for 10" subs, so i think i can fit nice size subs. the 2 JL 10w3s will run me $310 brand new. JL is pretty good stuff that is def overpriced on places like crutchfield, but $310 seems reasonable for new. im open to suggestions, im no audio expert.
Whats the rms on those 10's?

I suggest doing a little more research online and on this forum for some deals on subs and what not.

I dont know what your budget is and how much power you looking for but i think a pair of those dcons will get nice and loud for ya. Deffiently will outperform your friends 8". As long as you put them in their right enclosure. Im actually doing two dcons myself. But dont let me deciede on those subs.

I see of tons of people like you on this forum that deciede on a certain sub(s) when they dont do any research whatsoever. Please just study more and you will understand more of what is a good and bad choice for your likings

the rms on the 10w0s was 250w each. i figure all together for subs and amp my budget is like $500. say 300 for subs and 200 for an amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kurtfromct

10+ year member
kurtfromct
CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from