which mufflers for my suburban?

Unless its an all out race car..you will make LESS power and TRQ a straight through exhaust IE no mufflers..its been dyno proven hundreds of times. The engine needs backpressure. IM not a flomaster fan myself...borla is ok but very expensive.

No backpressure = Less horsepower

No Backpressure = Burned valves

Unless you are boosted. Then no backpressure is the way to go. Like my 4" turbo back. So loud, so nice.

i ran flowmaster and magnaflow on my old dodge ram, magnaflow by far beats flowmaster in product quality as well as sound, i had a 40 series on the truck and it screamed but didnt give much backpressure so you get that farting sound. i ran a magnaflow, and have never been happier. i put a magnaflw on my new truck and took the hooker aerochambers off my camar o and ran 3" magnaflow exhaust.

Unless its an all out race car..you will make LESS power and TRQ a straight through exhaust IE no mufflers..its been dyno proven hundreds of times. The engine needs backpressure. IM not a flomaster fan myself...borla is ok but very expensive.
not if you still hav cats. btw its illegal to take cats off so when someone says straight they usually mean from cats back

not if you still hav cats. btw its illegal to take cats off so when someone says straight they usually mean from cats back
Even straight cats don't give much for back pressure. I wouldn't be comfortable running them. Not to mention as I stated before, small blocks sound like ass with straight pipes.

Yes actually if you still have cats and run no muffler you lose power. properly working high flow cat. conv only robs about 1-3hp. Not even noticeable in power delivery. Only reason i run a off road xpipe on my car is because its what was on there when i got it. Cats rob sound waaaaaaay more than hp. Yes it is illegal to just cut off cats but everyone does it. So oh well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.