which one.

Participant count
  • Participant list

kramer_212
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Minnesota
well it seems as though im in a bit of a sticky wicket.

with my box size limitations i can run either 2 jl 13w6s ported which i have been running for a year and love it.

or 2 13 inch jl w7s sealed.

usually don't have the bass retarded loud, but still want to "bump" sometimes.

not really sure if the sealed w7s would be louder afraid it will not be as loud. but should sound better right?.

what do you guys think.

P.S i already have all the woofers just need to decided which ones to keep and which ones to sell.

*** on guys

what would you do......"if you had to choose between the two"

I know what some of you silly geese are going to say.

I wish I had both pairs of these so I could choose and let you know... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I wish I had both pairs of these so I could choose and let you know... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
yeah i got a little crazy one day....... so what would you do just off the top of your head.....

i have this weird 2 peice box idea floating in my head right now, think it will work.

I would just run the w6's, just cause I know 2 13w6's would be loud enough for me. What makes you think the w7's would sound better? That you'd be running them sealed? Don't know what you'd prefer.

Me too.

I would just run the w6's, just cause I know 2 13w6's would be loud enough for me. What makes you think the w7's would sound better? That you'd be running them sealed? Don't know what you'd prefer. Me too.
from my experiences sealed always sounds better. thats why, and i just went for a ride with my new stereo, and almost forgot how loud and good the w6s are got me thinking.(its broken my sunroof before when it was closed)(the mount)

Well since you make me choose Id sell those *******. 2 13W7 are like 1500+ To rich for me. They gotta go lol

from my experiences sealed always sounds better. thats why, and i just went for a ride with my new stereo, and almost forgot how loud and good the w6s are got me thinking.(its broken my sunroof before when it was closed)(the mount)
Not saying that your setup isn't loud but you could just have crappy mount. Ive had cars break welds so bad I just scrapped it a couple times. But if your going to just ebay them for 300ish your better off just keeping them. They are soo nice.

Not saying that your setup isn't loud but you could just have crappy mount. Ive had cars break welds so bad I just scrapped it a couple times. But if your going to just ebay them for 300ish your better off just keeping them. They are soo nice.
ive been thining if i can figure out a way to make a 2 piece box i can put one in my house, and put the other w6 in my gfs car and get rid of her 2 10s.

Soo what amp
well i have one rf t15001bdcp on the w6s but i have 2 of them plan on running one to each w7.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

I would choose the w7's over the w6's for quality and loudness. To me it seems like the w6 line doesn't get very loud but it does sound good. The w7 line gets decently loud and still sounds good.
we will see If i am able to get a box big enough i have limited space.

I would go with the W7's sealed. Gives you a nice low end (no steep roll off) and smooth response through the range. Should get pretty beastly with enough power. I've always liked how clean JL's sound. I've demo'd W6's and W7's side by side (local car audio shop) and couldn't tell a huge difference on only 500W RMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kramer_212

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
kramer_212
Minnesota
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date