which screw to use?

I am building a blow through 4th for 6 15's but to get the port big enough the sealed section is the top of the box firing down into the ported anyways the question is what screws would you recomend to hold the subs in since they have to hold the whole weight of the sub? Dooesnt have to be a screw can be any thing you recomend.

Bump also there will be 3 gain matched amps so 2 subs per chamber at 4.1 per chamber after sub displacement and like 26 cubes before any bracing or 45's on the ported. The port is 30.25 x16 and is 12 inches all external tuned to 40 hoping to play pretty low.

i sandwich t-nuts between a double-layer baffle and use machine screws. the t-nuts cannot back out because they are sandwiched and the screws cannot pull-through.

you can also remove the screw as often as you need with no worry of stripping them.

i sandwich t-nuts between a double-layer baffle and use machine screws. the t-nuts cannot back out because they are sandwiched and the screws cannot pull-through.
you can also remove the screw as often as you need with no worry of stripping them.
Def doing this on my next box. Never thought of putting then between the two layers. thanks!

in addition - you can use security screws to make removing your sub even more difficult. Torx security screws are about $1.25 each.
Prob use 4 in each sub to keep cost down. Great tip though.

Should be in the "tips to avoid getting jacked" if it isn't already. Haven't read it in a while.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.