Which setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

hatedonmostly
5,000+ posts

throwin' hunnits, hunnits
Detroit, MI
Need an idea of what I should do with my next setup. This is what I have come up with so far

I need more cone area lol. The one 10" is nice and is loud, but when it comes to numbers, it's not very impressive.

Three Sundown E8's

S4

1.33 ohm, ~1000 RMS

1.5 cube ported

or

Two JBL P1022's

400 RMS each, D2

0.5 ohm, gains set to 1000-1200 RMS

1.5 cube sealed

(SNR on these is 96 dB //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif)

http://www.jbl.com/resources/Brands/jbl/Products/ProductRelatedDocuments/en-US/ProductInformation/powersub_encl_pis_08.pdf

don't laugh when I say this, but those BM 10's that jacob has for sale for 60 dollars each are great subs in a sealed box.. it is what i'm running in my truck right now... they are louder to the ear than my 4 e8s ported were, as well as my dd 1508s, my truck also has a good bit more flex than before as well. And the low extension of a sealed box is awesome.

the 4 e8s played music (53 hz music, vibrate by petey pablo, at 136 db with the driver door open) the 2 1508s ported played music ( 41 hz music, airforces by jeezy, at 134 db sealed on the dash)

He was worried about the cone area difference agianst his options now but he doesnt realize how good the sa's are.
So what size box would you recommend nigs?

And would I be happier with two D2's or two D4's? 1200 between the two or moar?

So what size box would you recommend nigs?
And would I be happier with two D2's or two D4's? 1200 between the two or moar?
if you are just chasing numbers, go with a pair of 1508s or SA 8s, or buy AQHDC3's other DD 9010 and get it coned into a 12 like i'm doing ( mounting depth on that 12 will be under 6" and will handle 2k watts daily)

But if you want something loud, and that will sound good to the ears, do a pair of 10s in a sealed box. You will be very happy because there will be low notes in some songs that you never knew were there before because your subsonic filter was cutting them off ( you completely turn the subsonic off when using a sealed box)

if you are just chasing numbers, go with a pair of 1508s or SA 8s, or buy AQHDC3's other DD 9010 and get it coned into a 12 like i'm doing ( mounting depth on that 12 will be under 6" and will handle 2k watts daily)
But if you want something loud, and that will sound good to the ears, do a pair of 10s in a sealed box. You will be very happy because there will be low notes in some songs that you never knew were there before because your subsonic filter was cutting them off ( you completely turn the subsonic off when using a sealed box)
I had two 12's in sealed boxes and they sounded like ass below 40. But that was 2/3 rated power and 2/3 recommended box size.

I'm definitely thinking about going sealed, though I think everything in that post would sound good in the right box

I had two 12's in sealed boxes and they sounded like ass below 40. But that was 2/3 rated power and 2/3 recommended box size.
I'm definitely thinking about going sealed
it's all about getting your box right for sealed. If you want, I will take a video of my 2 BM 10s this weekend in my truck to show the little bit of flex... your truck would be substantially louder with the same set-up because you have half the cab area as I do.

they also take the sundown 1000d in stride, no bottoming out or anything of the sort.

it's all about getting your box right for sealed. If you want, I will take a video of my 2 BM 10s this weekend in my truck to show the little bit of flex... your truck would be substantially louder with the same set-up because you have half the cab area as I do.
they also take the sundown 1000d in stride, no bottoming out or anything of the sort.
I'm starting to find more options now that I'm looking at sealed...

What do you think of those JBL's?

I could do three RE 10's if they came in S4 or D2. But I could do two RE 12's

Doing sealed would relieve the stress of trying to fit a Goddamn aero port in the box when I have nowhere to put it

I'm starting to find more options now that I'm looking at sealed...
What do you think of those JBL's?

I could do three RE 10's if they came in S4 or D2. But I could do two RE 12's

Doing sealed would relieve the stress of trying to fit a Goddamn aero port in the box when I have nowhere to put it
hinestly, you cant go by the manufacturer's ratings for box size.. 2 10s in 1.5-2 cubes sealed is perfect.... the bigger the box the more low end you get im pming you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.