Which way to face subs in a car.......

Participant count
  • Participant list

JakeM
10+ year member

Houston
ive built a few boxes for my truck but now i have a 2000 VW Jetta and I started thinking about how people face their subs in cars.

Should I have them facing the back seats? Thats seams the way to go plus I can have just a black back on my box so it is kinda like a false wall in my truck.

Not real sure, just wondering....

ix8ks5.jpg

facing the rear isn't always correct...mostly is it though...

mine is just as loud both ways.

face it forwards and see if it get louder when you open the trunk, if it does, face them back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
Look at the JVC brand. I have an older unit with a removable face plate. Model KW-AV61BT. Contact Crutchfield.com support for some current...
Id play some of your favorite music.. play with the enclosure. Ive enjoyed subs up port up in a small suv(CRV). Subs rear port rear do nice as...
They're rated for 250wrms, so you were overpowering them, especially the poor 10s. XBL subs sound really clean at their limits due to the flat BL...

About this thread

JakeM

10+ year member
JakeM
Houston
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from