Which woofer to pick?

I was wondering who was causing all of this commotion then I realized ddtc lives in Va and it all made sense!! It's ok dude we all know that you are the Messiah to car audio. You are arguing semantics. Your 9500's could definitely take 2 M4a's strapped along with the HDD's. However, You could buy 2 HDD and still be cheaper than a 9500. Unless of course it is used.
They are very close in price actually. And you don't have to wait months to get them because the motors are stuck in customs. Just keeping it real here. I'm sure the HDD is a good sub but so is everything else mentioned here

World wide domination! For real though we have a few 160 plus builds local, many non wall 155s, and a soft top wrangler that's .8 away from being the loudest with only 2 15s on 7k.

wow I love all the bs...to the op any of the subs listed would work fine for you and please excuse the thread jacker....but to list the top hitters of only 1 competition org is unfair to so many companies its not funny......but lets get real funny the only 2 in the top ten that are not running in extreme class I help...lol...

dd is a great sub and I take nothing away from it but Tantric did earn more titles and records in its first year than any company in history and to back it up last year by the same amount of titles and still to accomplish 8 wr through out the year so Tantric isn't the worst choice. perfect example of spreading bad info is talking about any company or person without all the info or without true personal experience. motors will be in within 2 weeks btw

now back on topic...op please take your time and choose the company that you want to and feel comfortable with.....like I stated any of the choices in this thread should work well for you and make you very happy as the are all great drivers

wow I love all the bs...to the op any of the subs listed would work fine for you and please excuse the thread jacker....but to list the top hitters of only 1 competition org is unfair to so many companies its not funny......but lets get real funny the only 2 in the top ten that are not running in extreme class I help...lol...dd is a great sub and I take nothing away from it but Tantric did earn more titles and records in its first year than any company in history and to back it up last year by the same amount of titles and still to accomplish 8 wr through out the year so Tantric isn't the worst choice. perfect example of spreading bad info is talking about any company or person without all the info or without true personal experience. motors will be in within 2 weeks btw

now back on topic...op please take your time and choose the company that you want to and feel comfortable with.....like I stated any of the choices in this thread should work well for you and make you very happy as the are all great drivers
So your motors where not stuck on the peir for a few months? Are they not still stuck there?

Last edited by a moderator:
The zv4, HDD and DD 95 will want more than 2k and guess what that's from actual personal experience. how many other people have used or messed with all these? Another question a Subs weight doesn't matter much the HDD is like 56 pounds and the zv4 is like 67 pounds is it automatically better? No. My suggestion for OP is a single tantric HD 15 in 5 cubes if you can't fit that do a single X15 in 4 cubes or do 2 12" sundown SAs
I asked the wieght because i live in hawaii... You prolly never have to deal with shipping costs like i do lol

wow I love all the bs...to the op any of the subs listed would work fine for you and please excuse the thread jacker....but to list the top hitters of only 1 competition org is unfair to so many companies its not funny......but lets get real funny the only 2 in the top ten that are not running in extreme class I help...lol...dd is a great sub and I take nothing away from it but Tantric did earn more titles and records in its first year than any company in history and to back it up last year by the same amount of titles and still to accomplish 8 wr through out the year so Tantric isn't the worst choice. perfect example of spreading bad info is talking about any company or person without all the info or without true personal experience. motors will be in within 2 weeks btw

Im thinking its gonna be tantric lol I havent heard anything negative about them at all. I have heard DD many times, I like dd but also i agree with the majority of these people that they are overpriced and for me I love origionality. Thats why I went with my DLP because their fairly new and no one else has them. But thats also why I like the idea of tantric. Sounds like you guys got your shiit together. can you pm me and well talk more about purchasing?

Im thinking its gonna be tantric lol I havent heard anything negative about them at all. I have heard DD many times, I like dd but also i agree with the majority of these people that they are overpriced and for me I love origionality. Thats why I went with my DLP because their fairly new and no one else has them. But thats also why I like the idea of tantric. Sounds like you guys got your shiit together. can you pm me and well talk more about purchasing?
Have you checked with a dealer about pricing? All you see online is MSRP, if you seen everyone else's MSRP it's about the same. Also you are getting brick and mortar support with DD. Meaning they will take care of issues in house and you don't have to pay ridicules shipping if there is a issue. Also you will get your sub in a week not months, and that's not just a hit on the latest forum fade company.

Have you checked with a dealer about pricing? All you see online is MSRP, if you seen everyone else's MSRP it's about the same. Also you are getting brick and mortar support with DD. Meaning they will take care of issues in house and you don't have to pay ridicules shipping if there is a issue. Also you will get your sub in a week not months, and that's not just a hit on the latest forum fade company.
This is a strong point here. Going against the crowd to have something different is cool and all, but there's a lot to be said for long term support and service for going with established company.

There's a couple DD 99 18's for sale broken on the forum. If it were me, I'd get those motors (possibly they can ship flat rate!) shipped to you and order some recone kits to build them up whatever size you like from DD. 99XX would be pretty bullet proof in that power range.

I'm not even a big DD lover but you KNOW they'll be around 6 years from now and you never hear stories about people waiting months for orders.

OR, if you really like the Incriminator, why not seek out a pair of Wardens? They'll be slightly lighter than comparable ceramic motor woofers and they're proven performers.

Also somewhat under-represented would be Atomic. They have been around a long time and make a good woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.