Which Woofer?

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
Looking to do a small audio system for my Audi SQ5. Looking to run 600 to 1000 RMS per woofer. Looking to get either 2 10's or 2 12's. Have a few woofers in mind below. Looking to achieve something that will straight up slam and can be heard from a distance. Let me know your guys opinions on what to get.

Alpine Type R

JL Audio W6 Maybe W7

Kicker CVX or L7

MTX 75 Series

Looking to do a small audio system for my Audi SQ5. Looking to run 600 to 1000 RMS per woofer. Looking to get either 2 10's or 2 12's. Have a few woofers in mind below. Looking to achieve something that will straight up slam and can be heard from a distance. Let me know your guys opinions on what to get.
Alpine Type R

JL Audio W6 Maybe W7

Kicker CVX or L7

MTX 75 Series
Budget for the amp/subs? Building your own box or need one built? That needs to be part of the budget as well. Also, make sure you don't deaden anything as it's less likely to be heard from a distance. Also, possibly drive with the trunk open.

Alpine Type R

JL Audio W6 Maybe W7

Kicker CVX or L7

MTX 75 Series
literally any setup can be heard from a distance. Just need to have your windows down. Are you stuck on those brands because there is stuff that will outright destroy those in loudness.

soundsolutionsaudio.com see some real competition level woofers for yourself.

Alpine Type R

JL Audio W6 Maybe W7

Kicker CVX or L7

MTX 75 Series
Umm No..

How about first describing your electrical and what amp you pln on running then we can help you choose some subs.

Alpine Type R

JL Audio W6 Maybe W7

Kicker CVX or L7

MTX 75 Series
Funky pups. Kind of an underground company. The prevailing thought is they were all bought up by the govt. Weapons or some ****. ******* slaaaaaam

Forgot to add in a Rockford Fosgate P3 in there. I'm looking into some of the subwoofers in the site and so far I like American Bass, Sundown, SSA
If you don't want to break the bank, you can do SYNERGY AUDIO WFO 15.1D amp and pair it with soundqubed HDC315. With that power, right box, that 15 will be heard.

Looked at a few other woofers so heres the list to choose from

MTX 9500 or 75 Series

Alpine Type R

Kicker CVX

JL Audio W6 or W7

Rockford Fosgate T0 or T1

Sundown SA

SSA Gcon

DC Audio Lv3 M2

American Bass TNT

MTX 9500 or 75 Series

Alpine Type R

Kicker CVX

JL Audio W6 or W7

Sundown SA

SSA Gcon

DC Audio Lv3 M2

American Bass TNT
Gcon but it's got a wait time.

I like the W6 but that's not for hear me down the block

That's frowned on by the way. That's what gives us a bad name.

MTX 9500 or 75 Series

Alpine Type R

Kicker CVX

JL Audio W6 or W7

Sundown SA

SSA Gcon

DC Audio Lv3 M2

American Bass TNT
Are you getting a deal on the 9500 or W6 or W7 somewhere? Those are not cheap woofers. Really, if you're just trying to get loud for less, there is no reason to consider anything but soundqubed. With the right power/box, HDC3 for $300 will be way louder than anything you listed.

If you're going with something that costs as much as the mtx 9500, I'd consider a DD3500.

We need to know your budget before you end up spending way more than you should to be "heard from a distance".

Yeah I agree DD3500 is a great candidate for getting loud if price is no object. Maybe consider a 15" Tantric HD.

Price isn't really a problem. I csn get the w6 for 409 and the w7 for 500. The mtx I can get for 550. For the w6 was thinking about the 1200/1v3 and the w7 I'll get two 1000/1v2. For the mtx 9500 I was thinking a 2000 watt amp or a Rockford Fosgate t1500bdcp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.