Whining Coming From 1 Speaker

Participant count
  • Participant list

noveske

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm getting a whining noise from my one speaker anytime something in the truck activates.

When lights are triggered to turn on. Happens when the Smart Key gets in the proximity.
Sounds is always there when the truck is on.
Also hear it after shutting the truck off and the dome lights turn on. It stops when the timer runs out and turns off.

The sound can't be heard while playing music, but I'm sure it's there. I don't think it scales with volume adjustment.
The sound doesn't change under acceleration so it's not a engine related noise.

You can hear it here. Thought it might help isolate what it's from by hearing it.

Factory amplified system. There were tweeters in the dash. Sound is coming from the 3.5" speakers I put in it's place.
I ended up cutting tabs off the speaker due to space. Could metal shavings stuck somewhere on the speaker cause this? I'm assuming it comes somewhere from the connectors or the output from the factory amp?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...