Who Competes?

This is another issue that needs to addressed. In order to keep the sport growing new people have to feel that they can come in and win their respective classes with out much money or tons of builds to get it done. This is needed to get them into the scene and to get "bit by the bug" which will drive them to want to do more and build more and be a part of the shows and make friends with in the show scene.
Each league has classes for these kinds of people, they just don't know it cause they don't know the rules. This is why I'm doing video tutorials for how meca formats are done so I can bring more understanding to potential competitors. Meca has amateur street, dbdrag has streeet stock as does usaci so the divisions are there. Crazy part is ppl don't realize its so fun win or lose. Just a bunch of cool (for the most part) enthusiasts hanging out

yes they do, but it is very misleading most of the time.

I encourage anyone who has ever remotely even considered it running in the lanes SPL/SQ what ever, to try it at least once. Many times you find that it is not for you, others will love it.

However, be sure to mingle with people. Don't just sit by your car and do nothing and talk to no one. Most of the people at shows are friendly and are there to have a good time and also encourage new people to come and hang out.
thats what i noticed at the first comps i went to. when my buddy wanted to compete for the first time we asked a lot of questions and got a lot of answers and met some cool people. when i re-did mine and had a little extra money to start off with and everything, i decided i wanted to try it and i love it. i have a blast wherever i go, wife hates it sometimes, but she even comes out from time to time and enjoys herself.

Each league has classes for these kinds of people, they just don't know it cause they don't know the rules. This is why I'm doing video tutorials for how meca formats are done so I can bring more understanding to potential competitors. Meca has amateur street, dbdrag has streeet stock as does usaci so the divisions are there. Crazy part is ppl don't realize its so fun win or lose. Just a bunch of cool (for the most part) enthusiasts hanging out
I wouldn't consider the stock class for everyone in USACi. I do understand what your saying though and yes each org has those classes. The real issue are the judges who run the shows and don't use the classes or are they do not understand how to properly use those classes.

I agree, shows are a blast to go to. I will be at many many more shows next year and expect to meet many of the forum members as well as many other new people as well. Should be a great time for sure.

This is another issue that needs to addressed. In order to keep the sport growing new people have to feel that they can come in and win their respective classes with out much money or tons of builds to get it done. This is needed to get them into the scene and to get "bit by the bug" which will drive them to want to do more and build more and be a part of the shows and make friends with in the show scene.
i would love to be more involved with car audio.. i wish i had more money so i could do more builds and shows and what not... but im just a broke college kid with a crummy part time job... maybe when i get my explorer paid off.. since i now finally have a truck that can get loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i would love to be more involved with car audio.. i wish i had more money so i could do more builds and shows and what not... but im just a broke college kid with a crummy part time job... maybe when i get my explorer paid off.. since i now finally have a truck that can get loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Anything can get loud if you put the time into it.

You just have to drive to shows..don't have to compete or anything like that, just go hang out and have fun.

Competing isn't for everyone. It's hard to get NEW people into the sport no matter the costs and whatnot.

Even with cheap equipment there are people out there willing to WORK to win, it seems like nowadays people want to just show up and get a trophy. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Do I feel bad when I go to a show and beat up on newcomers? Not really, as I've worked my *** off on my truck and anybody else could do the same if they wanted to win.

Honestly, the only org. that has a chance with newcomers is bassrace. Literally ANY setup can compete and ANY person can win, whether they are a veteran or a newcomer. All it takes is one or two practice runs and a newcomer can get the hang of things very quickly. All out SPL shows are much more difficult, especially in areas where there are a lot of good competitors.

Things around my area died down for a while but luckily thing are starting to come back. I can't say the same for everywhere else, even though I'd like to see things expand no matter what organization it is.

Also, to add what I've already put, it's also hard to have a competitive SPL setup and a daily driver setup at the same time. Often it takes a lot more work and more money for better equipment in order to pull off both successfully.

Burp setups are going to be hard to beat with a "daily friendly" setup. This is another one of the drawbacks and one of the reasons why a lot of people don't compete.

Also, to add what I've already put, it's also hard to have a competitive SPL setup and a daily driver setup at the same time. Often it takes a lot more work and more money for better equipment in order to pull off both successfully.
Burp setups are going to be hard to beat with a "daily friendly" setup. This is another one of the drawbacks and one of the reasons why a lot of people don't compete.
mine does both tommy

I didn't say it was impossible, but it is hard.
And "competitive" depends on your area and who you are competing against. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
your right ,it was alot of work and testing,but 152.8 burp and 149.9 bass race ,but i normally do 139.9,and climbing

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stereo_luver

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
stereo_luver
kennesaw, GA.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date