Who makes a HU that does this?

dino velvet
10+ year member

TX
Not a big fan of complex, many sub-menued eq controls, just would like seperate bass and treble controls that can be adjusted while driving, its a car after all.

This is what I need in a HU:

• Play Ipod/Iphone3g, usb thumb drive a plus. Play mp3 cd's

• 3 preamp out , front,rear,sub. Want 4V or more as have 3 amps, don't care about HU power amp.

• Seperate bass & treble (is it still around). If not controls that are too complicated to control.

• 1 DIN

Anything out there or do I have to get used to going thru menus to get to EQ controls?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I'll be selling my Kenwood KDC-MP832U, it has everything you are looking for. IT has the complex setting and it has basic ones too, Its very easy to navigate the menu system.

And it is the Organic full color display too very easy on the eye's at night.

Not a big fan of complex, many sub-menued eq controls, just would like seperate bass and treble controls that can be adjusted while driving, its a car after all.
This is what I need in a HU:

• Play Ipod/Iphone3g, usb thumb drive a plus. Play mp3 cd's

• 3 preamp out , front,rear,sub. Want 4V or more as have 3 amps, don't care about HU power amp.

• Seperate bass & treble (is it still around). If not controls that are too complicated to control.

• 1 DIN

Anything out there or do I have to get used to going thru menus to get to EQ controls?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Kenwood has some great HUs that have all of this. Excelon X693 and the X993 would be my choices. I've the the X693 in my girlfriend's car. it's a really nice HU, especially if you're on a budget.

Thanks for the replies. This is the deal, I had an Alpine CDA-something that was just too much of a p.i.t.a. for me if I wanted to adjusted treble,midrange or bass. I had to toggle thru menus to get to eqs that themselves were a pita to try to adjust while driving. As life goes that HU got stolen. I'm now using an Eclipse cd2000 thats much easier to navigate and has a treble/midrange/bass adjust.

I want to get something newer that has a more seamless integration for Ipods/Iphones & thumb drives but without having to pull over for 5 minutes trying to navigate menus to adjust the treble/mids/bass.

Ok, been googling HU's til my eyes fell out. I'll get used to the EQ's in HU's nowadays I suppose as thats what is out there.

Anywho, so now the priority is a HU that has good controls for an Ipod & USB drive. Been looking at the Excelons, that X693 seems nice and some Clarions, such as the DXZ785USB. Seems the DXz line has 6v preamp outs. Budget for a HU is under $200. Will both of these HU lines play thumb drives? Does one have better/easier Ipod/Iphone controls than the other? Oh yeah and which one has better EQ controls?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Haven't looked to close at Pioneers but if you know some models I should look at instead of the above ones let me know.

Thanks

Ok, been googling HU's til my eyes fell out. I'll get used to the EQ's in HU's nowadays I suppose as thats what is out there.
Anywho, so now the priority is a HU that has good controls for an Ipod & USB drive. Been looking at the Excelons, that X693 seems nice and some Clarions, such as the DXZ785USB. Seems the DXz line has 6v preamp outs. Budget for a HU is under $200. Will both of these HU lines play thumb drives? Does one have better/easier Ipod/Iphone controls than the other? Oh yeah and which one has better EQ controls?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Haven't looked to close at Pioneers but if you know some models I should look at instead of the above ones let me know.

Thanks
The X693 will play anything USB as long as the music is in the correct format, which would be MP3, WMA, or unprotected AAC. It supports WAV, but not via USB. I tried that one day to figure it out for someone here who had a question.

Yeah thanks. Just bought a X693 as it seemed to be the best compromise of options. Most people seem happy with it and its not too $$. My Eclipse HU is crapping out, no output on the left channel so needs to go. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yeah thanks. Just bought a X693 as it seemed to be the best compromise of options. Most people seem happy with it and its not too $$. My Eclipse HU is crapping out, no output on the left channel so needs to go. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
You'll be more than happy with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.