Who tints windows?

jmanpc
5,000+ posts

CA.com Nostalgist.
I'm learning from my roomate how to do it... I just did my g/f's front windows in her integra by myself, and its not as hard as I thought it would be. I've done a few other cars with my roomate watching me and helping, too.

Anyone have tips? tricks? I want to own my own shop one day doing stereo/tint/alarms, so since i've already gotten alright at stereo and alarms, i just need to learn how to tint well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i tried tinting my own and it didn't work so well i caved in and had a shop do it. they did a good job better then i ever could of done. especially trying to do then back window. they got it all in one piece.

I just always buy the spray on tint in a can...theres no peeling it when the state boys pull you over...you just tell them it is factory and laugh at them when you drive off.....no tickets and all they have is a dumb look on their faces....

The good shops use a tint plot cutter that cuts the tint to the PERFECT size with no trimming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The good shops use a tint plot cutter that cuts the tint to the PERFECT size with no trimming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
any film can be peeled off....It don't take but one $300 ticket and another 20 minutes with the scraper the trooper gives you to scratch it off your car before he lets you go...... to realize the best way to go.....If you paid some shop to put on the film.....you'll be thinking of that $200 you threw away all 20mins of scraping....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.