Why did my subs or amp blow all of a sudden?

Participant count
  • Participant list

arunanlogen

I'm pretty new to this,

I had 2 alpine r12 subwoofers, 500 rms each

My amp was a lanzar 2601

which was 1070 rms @ 2 ohms.

I ran it and checked my wiring so that they were 2 ohms.

Today everything stopped working, amp seems to be good as green power light is on, not red.

Subs seem dead

Any ideas?

What would you guys recommend if I chose to upgrade, as my amp is 0.5 ohm stable

0.5ohm @ 2600 rms

Suggestions? Thanks

Lexus is300!

nope didnt smell anything, and my friend says the subs dont seem to be blown as he pushes them and theyre not stiff, pushing just fine, going to try a diff sub on the amp see what happens, but cant fig out what the problem could be

http://www.amazon.ca/Lanzar-OPTI2601D-Optidrive-Half-Ohm-Amplifier/dp/B006QU3L22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443141719&sr=8-1&keywords=lanzar+2601 thats my amp

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

sorry forgot to tag you

havent done that yet, got new RCA cables that are 4 feet longer as i cant tune amp with the short *** rca i have now, so we'll see if anything is fixed when i put new ones

Throw another sub on the amp and see if it plays. If it does then maybe something happened to the alpines. Could be minor fix. Do you have a DMM handy

UPDATE

only one of the subs is the problem other is working fine.

Basically i had 2 terminals bridged and the other 2 ran to the speaker wire to get a final output of 2ohms on both subs,

When i dont bridge it and i run it straight, the one subwoofer works, when i bridge it, it doesnt work

The other subwoofer works bridged, 4 terminals, i postive connected to the negative, other postitive and negative to speaker wires.

Another simple test is with a battery. A small one like a double AA. Take a piece of speaker wire and connect neg to positive. Take another and connect it to the neg end of the battery and then a 3rd piece of speaker wire and connect it to the pos end of the speaker then the other end to the other side of the battery ....should move upward if the subs are good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.