Why isnt my setup doing this?

Ok so i took it to a local shop and they said "it sounds good"... i wanted to actually have it professionally adjusted... so much for that

they did point out i need to put the power directly on the battery as i have it on the fuse box bolt right now, and also my ground isnt on the frame.

I have it grounded on the metal at the back of the trunk where else would i need to ground it out at?

how could i go about adjusting it correctly?

when you say subs back and slot port back what does that mean //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif sorry im learning as i go.

I have a kicker 2500.1 and 2 american bass xfl 12's

If it's hooked up at the under hood fuse box positive terminal, moving that to the batt + is something you should do like yesterday. I fried a VW Jetta that way and ended up scrapping the car, rewiring everything was just too much work.

Also, you have a Saturn, like me. Just be aware that the paneling is plastic, not metal. It tends to crack if it becomes warped. Especially when it's exposed to below freezing temps. Not saying it'll happen, but it's a possibility.

i retract my earlier statement about your car being built better than his. Now that i know you have a saturn, there is no possible way any other vehicle could be built worse than what you have. So, with that said you must be doing something wrong.

lol its not that bad of a ride ive never had any trouble with it and ive had it for 3 years. My granddads old car but hey he gave me a deal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

do you think a box would fix my problem? i mean its shaking cars next to me but i feel like it has more potential. Would a 2nd battery maybe give it the juice i need or both battery and a new box?

From what I can tell, your alternator is 120amps, which is about half of what you need to properly power that Kicker 2500. If you don't upgrade your electrical, you will clip your subs and burn them up, even if your gains are set properly. Get a better alt if you want your stuff to last longer than a few months.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.