Why so many pro audio setups as compared to numerous car audio speakers?

If you have your subwoofer tuned and playing above 63-80Hz (80Hz is pushing it) your doing it wrong.
whoa whoa whoa hold up there......

Show me a mid bass door speaker that can shatter your skull at 80hz like a subwoofer can and we'll continue THIS conversation....

I would. Have you ever seen a pro audio setup win a sanctioned and judged SQ event? The only reason pro audio speakers are used is for their high efficiency so they can get loud. Thats it. Pro audio mids dont cover the gap below a certain XO point that traditional car audio mids do because they arent physically designed for it. There is a huge gap of missing frequencies that arent being played. If you have your subwoofer tuned and playing above 63-80Hz (80Hz is pushing it) your doing it wrong.
Richard Clark's GN had midbass speakers (supposedly PA mids) playing 90-500Hz...guess he was doing it wrong.

So how many world titles have you won again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Find me 1 person that installs PA drivers that runs a proper 3 way front stage and we can continue this conversation.
Currently running 2 1/2way front stage with PA mids, playing down to 40Hz with authority, even though my subs will do around 155db's at 60Hz....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.