Why wont my amp turn off?

mastax
10+ year member

I was riding down the road and my friend saw a spark come out of one side of my amp. the side it sparked - there are only 4 wires: power wire, ground, remote and bass control knob cable. so im guessing from my power or ground. i wasnt even listening to music loud at all, maybe 10/64 volume and im tuned at 32/64. so now my amp stays on and wont shut off and it doesnt appear to be working since my subs arent cutting on. maybe a fuse is the problem? but i dont understand why it sparked all the sudden? and why it wont shut off when i turn my truck off? and primarily why is my amp not working?

Any help would be appreciated. thank you

Are any wires loose? You might've hit a bump or something and the power could've touched the ground. If the subs aren't working now you probably blew the fuse out so check it and if the two tips aren't connected in the middle of the fuse you need to replace it.

Also, what is your remote wired to?

my remote is connected to my remote on my hu. ive had this system for over 2 years and never had an issue so everything is wired right. its just that little issue haha. i was thinking maybe the fuse? if the fuse is blown then itll cause my amp to stay on? but even if my amp was on, why would my subs not work? and no i do not have any loose wires at all.

nothing is touching at all. i made sure nothing was touching because the power and remote are very close to each other but not close to be touching. i mean they're in there pretty nicely.. so im not really sure

Pretty sure the fuse isn't blown or the amp wouldn't turn on. Check the fuses though. And the remote and ground or power and ground are what you are concerned about touching. Could even be one strand. Kinda sounds like an issue with the remote turn on wire, since it is staying on all the time.

ill check my fuses today.. so if the amp stays on all the time.. why dont my subs cut on and play?
It's possible something shorted out internally as well. Did the spark eminate from inside the amp or was it only outside? Either way, you may want to open it up and look at it.

i was driving i didnt really get to see it but my friend said she saw the spark from outside the amp and it smelled like something got burnt for a while. ill have to look at it when i open it. what should i look for it when i open it?

i was driving i didnt really get to see it but my friend said she saw the spark from outside the amp and it smelled like something got burnt for a while. ill have to look at it when i open it. what should i look for it when i open it?
Oh yeah dude, you might be **** out of luck on that one. You're looking for anything burnt. Take the amp out of your ride now, incase something worse happens. If you find anything burnt inside the amp, post pics here.

ya bro i think you were right.. some pieces from the board broke off..looks pretty fried to me. i guess it was "on" cause the light was on but kept on killin my battery.

What was the amp? I might have a replacement to sell you for pretty cheap if you need a new 4-channel.
It's Planet Audio ap3000w monoblock class D 4 channel

Yeahhh looks pretty sad. Lol time for new

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.