Will a higher end LOC make my signal cleaner?

I've been using a inexpensive Scosche LOC purchased at Walmart for quite some time, and I've never tried a better, higher end LOC. This model is two channel, with adjustable levels for each channel, and has a remote level control which I love having.

I have a 05 Maxima with Bose running a mono block amp (Alpine MRP-M500) and one Audiobahn 12 and the LOC is wired to the Sub Output coming from the Bose amp. I'm showing only .88 Volts at the RCAs. This is with all the LOC controls all the way up and my stock bass level at 0.

My amp is rated .5 to 4 volts, and I'm really wondering if a better two channel LOC will give me a cleaner signal. After my gain is set (using DMM), the bass is just way too light for what I like to listen to.

Any ideas or thoughts?

I've been using a inexpensive Scosche LOC purchased at Walmart for quite some time, and I've never tried a better, higher end LOC. This model is two channel, with adjustable levels for each channel, and has a remote level control which I love having.
I have a 05 Maxima with Bose running a mono block amp (Alpine MRP-M500) and one Audiobahn 12 and the LOC is wired to the Sub Output coming from the Bose amp. I'm showing only .88 Volts at the RCAs. This is with all the LOC controls all the way up and my stock bass level at 0.

My amp is rated .5 to 4 volts, and I'm really wondering if a better two channel LOC will give me a cleaner signal. After my gain is set (using DMM), the bass is just way too light for what I like to listen to.

Any ideas or thoughts?
yeah, I used a cheaper one if you want very good quality I highly recommend the lc2i it will give you very high quality from the factory radio vs cheap locs which can gave dirty signals. The price is worth the quality gain, if you don't want to spend that much you can look elsewhere.

LC2i - AudioControl

I have an lcq-1 for sale which is the lc2i, but instead it has 3 rca outs and also has a built in eq. If you are interested at all in it let me know.

also keep in mind the bass being to "light" may be because of the rms output of your amp, the song you are listening to ect. not just the loc.

yeah, I used a cheaper one if you want very good quality I highly recommend the lc2i it will give you very high quality from the factory radio vs cheap locs which can gave dirty signals. The price is worth the quality gain, if you don't want to spend that much you can look elsewhere.
LC2i - AudioControl

I have an lcq-1 for sale which is the lc2i, but instead it has 3 rca outs and also has a built in eq. If you are interested at all in it let me know.

also keep in mind the bass being to "light" may be because of the rms output of your amp, the song you are listening to ect. not just the loc.
How much for the lcq1?

Thanks for the info. I read up a little on the LC2i and emailed Audiocontrol to see if only using two speaker wires and only the bass output will work. I'm also trying to hunt down a cheap oscilloscope to completely test my setup. Plus, I've just always wanted to play with one lol.

I've installed countless systems, but ironically never a factory Bose integration. Thanks again for the info, and the lcq1 looks like a little bit more than I need lol. Happy Father's Day to Amy dads out there!

EDIT: Also just saw the LC2i can put out up to 9.5V! I'm pretty sure my amp (MRP-M500) can only handle up to 4v. I'm sure that can be adjusted but holy smokes!

Last year I was running an old school Monster LOC. I noticed on the Oscope that as soon as music started playing I was getting a dirty signal. Switched over to the LC2i and signal was completely changed. I was able to go 3/4 volume before getting any clipping. So I am a huge believer in using a good reputable LOC. And the Audiocontrol LC2i always gets my vote

That's awesome to hear. My question has definitely been answered. Higher end LOC's have better processing, thus giving a cleaner signal. Stoked! Now I just need to see if the LC2i will work for me just using the two wires. I'm thinking I could just make Like a Y adaptor out of the speaker wire, so each wire is split into two, thus feeding the inputs of the LC2i. Plus I found the remote control they sell also. Soon I'm doing the big 3, and upgrading to a Type R with the MX110. I. Can't. Wait for that set up.

Thanks guys!

Its already been answered but i ran across this today in the morning and itll make you feel even more certain quality LOC is the way to go

C1500martin, that video blew my mind. AudioControl emailed me back and said I could wire only the left channel, and I would get signal from the left RCA output...

Running signal through a single RCA? I don't think I've ever come across that before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently running the lC2i on a 2015 Sierra. Running a pair of sundown x6.5 box tune to about 32hz. What I notice is on some songs the bass just drops, can't really play anything that's decaf for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.