will my dream of putting 2 nightshades in my titan come true!?

giovanniv

Alright well let me start off by saying that I am building a sub box for my Nissan Titan in the very near future and it will be a wedge shaped box going under my rear seat (crew cab). Now I used the calculator on the rockfordfosgate website to get my cubic footage for the box and with the dimensions I put in I got 3.75 cubic feet. Now my question is, is that enough to run either 2 10" or 2 12" nightshades? I would be powering them with a 2500-3000watt amp if it makes a difference. What do you guys think? I can maybe squeeze out another .25 Cubic Feet to make it a 4CF box but I can't go much larger without it sticking out past the seats. Thanks guys!

I know for a fact they will fit in the box as depth is not a problem at all. My box is 12.75in height wise and ~16in in depth. So you think 4CF will be enough for 2 12's then? The website says 1.5CF-2.25CF per sub so you don't think that ~3.5cf would be enough?

3.5 would work but it isn't exactly ideal for them. you're gonna want a bigger box esp. if you plan on tuning it low. are you taking into account port and sub displacement? running aero ports would allow you to play with the space a bit better

You're not taking into account port and subwoofer displacement, the Z is a big sub, and it's gonna need a big port to keep up with airflow. I would settle for one 12" woofer, you're gonna blow close to 1.5-2 cubes on just the port, and then the sub is another quarter cube, then you're gonna need to brace. I'd say

That's not enough airspace for ONE of those night shades 10 or 12
You're not taking into account port and subwoofer displacement, the Z is a big sub, and it's gonna need a big port to keep up with airflow. I would settle for one 12" woofer, you're gonna blow close to 1.5-2 cubes on just the port, and then the sub is another quarter cube, then you're gonna need to brace. I'd say
So which is it? If you seem to think it isn't big enough for even the 10, why are you saying settle for the 12?

Trollin in a legit thread......gtfo and go back to the dome. It's people like you who make this site deplorable for information, and the reason vendors do not want to come here.

Trollin in a legit thread......gtfo and go back to the dome. It's people like you who make this site deplorable for information, and the reason vendors do not want to come here.
I'll do what I want, and as far as I can tell, I've been far more helpful than you have. All you've accomplished is complaining about what other people do.

So why don't you get off of your nostalgic high horse and be a little more proactive in your feverish crusade to reinstate CA.com to it's former glory

cliffs: you're a whiny bitch, do your own thing

Hmm well I emailed Jacob Fuller to get his opinion on getting this box to work and he said that ~3.6CF would be fine for 2 12s. Hmm now my question is, how many cubes do ports take away? Should I be using straight ports or flared? 3in or 4in?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.