Will my kicker comps beat these other brands on this amp???

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
I just bought 2 12 kicker comps for 85 a pair on e-bay a damn good deal.Well anyway I was wondering if it will out thump the 2 12 Jensens that i have they are 175 rms and 525 max they dont sound bad for jensens but distort very easy i wanted some that didnt the only reason i got them is i had a pair of fosgate punch zs and the jensens hit harder in my opinion and really did.I am pushing them on a punch 120.2 and got it in the back of a truck box that is ported.Although the jensens have more wattage will the kickers hit harder.And if so what will match them does jls w0 out hit em i have one 12 in my car and it hits hard i am wondering if they will hit harder please help cause i need to know fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would deffinetly only run one of them Comps, or upgrade your amp to run atleast a minimal of 200 watts X 2 or 400 bridged. The 120 will pushes bridged 220?? Also I would not run the subs on each channel, yah the subs will sound like crap if you run it like that... I hope you are running it bridged.... That is probly why the Fosgates sounded like crap too. When you run it 120 x 2 you are running the subs off of both channels and that is a no no... if you look at the amp it should have one of the negative and one of the positives showing it bridged. Depending on what ohm your speakers are if they are 4 ohms then the sub load if wired in series will be 2 ohms. Check if the amp will handle the 2 ohm load. Sometimes the amp will pump more watts running @ 2 ohm. But this is what i would do, run your current amp bridged to one of the comps, that should be enough to really push it and you should be bumpin down the road...Good Luck and Happy bumpin!

I have the subs in now bridged.They are 4 ohm and i wired the four speaker wires together to fir in each bridged post so yes they will be bridged.And that amp wont push two comps.They rae rated at 150rms and my amp is 120rms it wont push two the amp is 265 w max.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.