Will this be a hard hitting good matching system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

!.beat killer.!
10+ year member

I have a ported box that is 3 ft long, 17 inches deep, and 13 inches wide. The subs i am planning on using are the soundstream Arachnids that are 12" and 4ohm with 250 rms. the model # is (sw-12se). the amp i think i am going to use is the soundstream picasso 2 channel which has 180 watts x 2 channel on 4 ohms and on 2 ohms it is 270 watts x 2 channels. The amp is a 540 watt rms total. The model # for the amp is (pcx2.540) I am going to use 4 gauge power wire and ground wire for the amp. I dont want nothing extremely loud but i want something that hits good. My trunk in my car gets no air through it unless i open the trunk. my seats dont go down so the subs dont get much air. I was just wondering if this would be a good setup for me. Ive been doing some research and so far i like this setup.. i dont want to put to much money in the system.

IMO, I'd rather get a nice set of components and amp for my front doors. You don't have to put alot of money into your system to have something that hits hard but things will change. You'll have to get subs and amps that don't match or buy used. That system won't hit "hard" but it will give you a little output. If your trunk is sealed as much as you say, you might want to start over.

WEll i could take me back seat completely off, its not hard. If i take the seat off will that make it hit a little harder. Remember i dont want to much bass but i want a good bit. Just enough to make my mirrors shake, my chest pound, but not my car to flex. lol. If that makes sence. My box is ported but if i needed to seal it i could seal it. AND I DONT WANT TO SPEND TO MUCH MONEY. For the whole setup of what i want to do it is around 250 dollars. Would it be an ok system for me or what? If not could someone plzz give me some opinions on what else i should buy? thnks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.