Will this do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Motokid
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Last week I bought a Fully Loaded FI BL 12 from Mark over at CAF..

I then purchased box plans off dcarcustoms over at MobileAudioforums.. He has yet to even respond to my messages after I've sent the payment.. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon..

In the mean time I found these box plans on the forum.. Will this box work pretty well for the Fi? The sub will be powered by a ppi 1800.1 with execution audio 1/0.

I like to listen to a lot of rap and get low, but I do like rock also.. I figured 32 hz would be the right choice? This box is 2.5 @ 32hz

2uzqtdz.png

Last week I bought a Fully Loaded FI BL 12 from Mark over at CAF..I then purchased box plans off dcarcustoms over at MobileAudioforums.. He has yet to even respond to my messages after I've sent the payment.. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon..

In the mean time I found these box plans on the forum.. Will this box work pretty well for the Fi? The sub will be powered by a ppi 1800.1 with execution audio 1/0.

I like to listen to a lot of rap and get low, but I do like rock also.. I figured 32 hz would be the right choice? This box is 2.5 @ 32hz

2uzqtdz.png

I have this same exact box sitting in my garage, used the same plans, it slammed HARD for my SoundQubed HDS312. Its an awesome box.

Reason I dont use it I have my new 5.2cu box I'm using.

Last week I bought a Fully Loaded FI BL 12 from Mark over at CAF..I then purchased box plans off dcarcustoms over at MobileAudioforums.. He has yet to even respond to my messages after I've sent the payment.. Hopefully he'll get back to me soon..

2uzqtdz.png
Dcarcustoms will get back with you .hes a good guy he designed my latest box ...should have videos of it playing soon

Dcarcustoms will get back with you .hes a good guy he designed my latest box ...should have videos of it playing soon

Yeah, I took what you said and went to him. I mentioned your name. I'm excited to see what he has to offer. I'm so ready to get this sub in the car.. I'm bass-less right now, and seeing this beautiful thing in my room is killing me. Haha

[quote name='Motokid']Yeah, I took what you said and went to him. I mentioned your name. I'm excited to see what he has to offer. I'm so ready to get this sub in the car.. I'm bass-less right now, and seeing this beautiful thing in my room is killing me. Haha[/QUOTE]

Yea i was really happy with the design ..should be a killer.esp since my go to guy @Buck; isnt around.good luck

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I been bassless for 24 hrs lol but its been too nice to drive the car anyways

Just throwing this out there, it is not hard to make these boxes, all you really need is a table saw, a pencil, and liquid nail, and heavy thread screws. Will save you money if you do it yourself, requires one sheet of MDF 3/4 which is $35 at lowes.

Just throwing this out there' date=' it is not hard to make these boxes, all you really need is a table saw, a pencil, and liquid nail, and heavy thread screws. Will save you money if you do it yourself, requires one sheet of MDF 3/4 which is $35 at lowes.[/quote']
Dcar is just doing the design i think he plans on building hisself..and mdf *****

Just throwing this out there' date=' it is not hard to make these boxes, all you really need is a table saw, a pencil, and liquid nail, and heavy thread screws. Will save you money if you do it yourself, requires one sheet of MDF 3/4 which is $35 at lowes.[/quote']
Yeah I plan on doing it myself. Like I said I work for a school district. I took 4 years of woodshop and the teacher thinks im awesome so. I just use the schools equipment. I have every freaking too you can think of.. All I need is the design and wood.

[quote name='NASTY08IMPALA']Yea i was really happy with the design ..should be a killer.esp since my go to guy @Buck; isnt around.good luck

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

I been bassless for 24 hrs lol but its been too nice to drive the car anyways[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wanted to get one from Buck awhile back but he wasn't able to :(

I have been since wednesday. It *****, but it also made me realize that my stock door speakers are basically blown.. Next upgrade will be components. If I can figure out which I want to get.. And find some money somewhere lol.

ill have yours plans done by tomorrow... its only been since yesterday since we spoke to confirm you sent payment lol
Oh yeah man you're good. I just hadn't heard back from ya. Im not worried. Take your time I wont be able to start until probably next weekend anyways. Too much going on this weekend, need to buy wood.

I built a box designed for my re xxx and at the time for finding the correct tuning it relied more heavily on the music for the driver. In the thread I put together my designs. Rechecked it in reverse order made things harder to find the real values. unfortunately for those of whom had replied for themselves were just wrong to start anyway.....Same box as mine minus the acrylics casing displacement and since the bl is less displacement than an Re xxx its evening out a bit. this is the end ecl. after all which has been recheck. The sound... [awesome] in case you were wondering. Here are two designs.some quick math
boxtuned-2.png
trying to get the tuning. My enclosure ended up coming at 2.36cf @ 41hz.; or with plexi sidewall and cutid and without sub displacement in box. this particular box was 2.6@39hz.xxx eatsup the space. if i remember I had corrected the port length. 31.75in to 32.75.

CIMG9823.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont run this risk of mechanical failure at higher tuning anyway..

Do what Fi recommends

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date