Will this setup work good? 5channel amp with sub and 4speakers

antibiotic1

Chicago
Hi all , well at first i was for something else and then ended up with buying this amp

Precision power ppi.640.5 class d, 5channel.

specs

Power Specifications - Full Range Channels-RMS Power @ 4 ohms 60 watts x 4 channels

-RMS Power @ 2 ohms 80 watts x 4 channels

Power Specifications - Subwoofer Channel

-RMS Power @ 4 ohms 200 watts x 1 channels

-RMS Power @ 2 ohms 350 watts x 1 channels

Amplifier Specifications

-Amplifier Series iON (Precision Power)

-Amplifier Class D

-Number of Channels 5

-Total RMS Power Output 670 watts

-Maximum Input Gauge Size 4 AWG

-Minimum Impedance Unbridged 2 ohms

-Minimum Impedance Bridged Not Bridgeable

-Speaker Level Inputs No

-Built-in Crossover Low-pass (LP)
What i am thinking of now is will this sub and speakers be ok for my amp

Subwoofer JBL GT5-10

Specs:

Subwoofer Size 10"Peak Power Handling 1100 watts

RMS Power Handling 250 watts

Voice Coil(s) Single

Impedance (Per Voice Coil) 4 ohms

Voice Coil Diameter 2"

Frequency Response 30 - 500 Hz

Sensitivity 88 dB

Xmax (millimeters) 14.2 mm

Free-Air Resonance (Fs) 30.00 Hz
-2 pairsJBL GTO629 speakers

specs:

Speaker Size 6-1/2"Design 2-way

Tweeter Design Dome

RMS Power Handling 60 watts

Sensitivity 93 dB

Frequency Response 53 - 21000 Hz

Impedance (Per Voice Coil) 3 ohms
I wanna hear your opinions about my setup and if there is something that is not ok please tell me so i can search for something else. But i hope that this will work good. I think this is not a cheap setup considering that i am from macedonia where our living standard is to low. My setup costs two average salary's in macedonia

Hi all , well at first i was for something else and then ended up with buying this ampPrecision power ppi.640.5 class d, 5channel.

specs

What i am thinking of now is will this sub and speakers be ok for my amp

Subwoofer JBL GT5-10

Specs:

-2 pairsJBL GTO629 speakers

specs:

I wanna hear your opinions about my setup and if there is something that is not ok please tell me so i can search for something else. But i hope that this will work good. I think this is not a cheap setup considering that i am from macedonia where our living standard is to low. My setup costs two average salary's in macedonia
those are great choices and matches well with your amp.

Always go with the largest you can fit and afford. There's no such thing as overkill on electrical and its also future proofing when you get the itch to upgrade. If the amp fits 4ga get 4ga but look at companies like sky high, knu koncepts for amp install kits. If they are to high you may can find 4ga welding wire which is cheaper but you will have to piece together the rest of your install kit like ring terminals ,fuse block , RCA's, shrink wrap, etc, etc. Make sure the wire is ofc which is oxygen free copper.

Thats a solid amp kit. That Knu wire is crazy flexible too. What a lot of people do is just run wire from your amp back to the dash and tie into the existing factory speaker wires. A '9 wire' is often used for this. But you can swing by any local audio shop and pick up a bunch of speaker wire. 12ga ofc might run you 50 cents a foot

^^**** I'd snag it. Can't beat that for 50 bucks.

Rockville is gaining ground. In other words, they're new but gaining popularity.

i've bought the ofc cables from RockVille, now i have one more question. Can you help me to decide which speakers to chouse from this two(money is not problem only wanna get good sound):

1. TS-A6886R by Pioneer or

2. JBL GTO8629

I am planing to replace my 4 in door speakers with any of those

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.