WinISD Graphs and 4th order advice...

Participant count
  • Participant list

headshothills
10+ year member

Ill try to make this quick, this is in a speedboat, the existing enclosures are sunken in the front sponsons with the ports firing backwards(towards where we sit). The enclosure and speakers are 15+ yrs old, they have Image Dynamics IDQ 15.2 subs in them. In the process of replacing the subs and the old school analog RF T1500.4 and T2000.1 amps. Since its a boat and weight is a premium, looking to switch over to PDX's.

Since this is the first time Ive had the enclosures and subs out, im trying to plot in WinISD the existing box, and trying to find a sub that would fit the bill. I believe I was able to get everything correct, but Im just not sure. Based on the information im seeing, it looks like these were tuned around 56hz based on the enclosure size. 2- 15's in 3.38cuft (8" x 17" x 43") sealed, and 3.59cuft ported (9" x 17" x 43") Again this is slightly rough measurements. If this helps at all, box OD is 17" x 18" x 43" - 19/32" Birch. I have to re-measure the port, but I believe its 4"h x 17"w x 9.5"l

Obviously looking for a sub with a low EPB, after looking at a few, the Rockford P3d2-15's were the lowest EPB, I could find. After entering all the info into WinISD, heres the graph. Did I do this correctly? Assuming I did, from what i see the Rockfords perform better in this enclosure... Any help or guidance would be appreciated...Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.