Wire always hot.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gregavi

Hi guys,

I am in the middle of a system build in my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I pulled the stock (4" screen) HU and replaced it with a Pioneer AVH 4200NEX HU using a Metra Turbo Touch Kit. I had all the wiring completed but had to unplug and plug back in the Metra kit because it was not completely syncing with the system, so it had to be “Re-Booted” several time. After getting the Metra working properly, I noticed that now the hot wire that is being used to power the HU and the rear camera is always hot irrespective of the ignition being on or off. I’m assuming the HU should be connected to a wire that is hot when ignition is on and not hot when the ignition is off. I've been powering down the HU to prevent the battery from being drained, although this morning the battery was dead.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,I am in the middle of a system build in my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I pulled the stock (4" screen) HU and replaced it with a Pioneer AVH 4200NEX HU using a Metra Turbo Touch Kit. I had all the wiring completed but had to unplug and plug back in the Metra kit because it was not completely syncing with the system, so it had to be “Re-Booted” several time. After getting the Metra working properly, I noticed that now the hot wire that is being used to power the HU and the rear camera is always hot irrespective of the ignition being on or off. I’m assuming the HU should be connected to a wire that is hot when ignition is on and not hot when the ignition is off. I've been powering down the HU to prevent the battery from being drained, although this morning the battery was dead.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
that is not a good sign. it means its near its current limits and could be a hazard. i would contact someone at metra and see why this issue is occurring. its a issue tha needs to be resolved before you potentially catch your car on fire!

sounds like switch power isn't working.. to prevent dead battery u can buy battery disconnect on ebay $4 put on neg terminal.. i had short i couldn't find it was on the alt but all u do us turn a knb under hood don't have to worry about it, until u figure it out..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.