wiring 900rms

Participant count
  • Participant list

▼)Ñ╩fZΣµ&
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
reno
so i rewire my 2 **** subs, 2x2ohm@2ohms. and both subs wires go into 1 terminal with 1 wire that goes through both subs.. im wondering

how the hell is that little tiny terminal and 1 12ga wire big enough to supply/ connect the 900rms through the line to the subs..

like the little golden connector for the terminal just wrapped to a wire?

i got it working and all but why is it ok for the wire to be so small and that amount of power pass through with no problems?

so i rewire my 2 **** subs, 2x2ohm@2ohms. and both subs wires go into 1 terminal with 1 wire that goes through both subs.. im wondering
how the hell is that little tiny terminal and 1 12ga wire big enough to supply/ connect the 900rms through the line to the subs..

like the little golden connector for the terminal just wrapped to a wire?

i got it working and all but why is it ok for the wire to be so small and that amount of power pass through with no problems?
Well first of all, 2x2 does not = 2 nor does 2 divided by 2 = 2 unless you meant dvc s/p, you're not running 2 ohms.

Secondly, 900 watts at 1 ohm (which you're probably running) is 30v and 30 amps. 12 gauge shouldn't be carrying 30 amps of current.

If you're actually running at 2 ohms, your voltage should be 42.4v at full tilt and you're drawing 21.2 amps of current. That is still a little high for a single run of 12ga. I would run a piece of 12 gauge for each sub if it were me.

Well first of all, 2x2 does not = 2 nor does 2 divided by 2 = 2 unless you meant dvc s/p, you're not running 2 ohms.Secondly, 900 watts at 1 ohm (which you're probably running) is 30v and 30 amps. 12 gauge shouldn't be carrying 30 amps of current.
this right here is a very stupid response..

lets try and break it down for you...

i am running 2x2ohm@2ohms

lets see 2 subs that are both DVC 2 ohm wired will successfully = 2ohm load.

http://bcae1.com/
Go to chapter 16, the first large image is a good calculator for wire size.
thanks

No problem.

I think in your original question you were asking how 900 watts could run through the small terminal on the amp right? Seems like it would be a bottleneck? I asked the same question once and was told basically that resistance is cumulative, so basically a small piece of metal could successfully conduct a large amount of power, as long as it's very short (like a connector).

If anyone thinks I'm totally off base here, feel free to correct me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

thanks
you mean to say 2 D2 subwoofers, each wired in series making each 4ohms. Then wiring to the amp in parallel making the amp see a 2ohm load.

The way you have it 2x2, will never equal 2 as stated above.

thanks
Lol it was stupid? Show me exactly what i said that was stupid. You didn't specify that so it was not clear. How does that make me the stupid one? Plus I broke the numbers down for you... also not stupid. Don't be mad at me because you're embarrassed that you didn't type it out very clearly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.