Wiring a pair of subs

Mac08

I just purchased a pair of subwoofers, and I'd like to make sure I wire them correctly. Would anyone be willing to write me up some sort of diagram as to the best way to wire these subwoofers are, and what amplified I should pick up? I'm going out to buy an amp tomorrow, so I'd like to make sure I get one that will suite my subs. (Also, would I need a different amp if I was to add another sub or two later on? I do plan on doing that, so I don't know if I should get an amp that will support 3/4 subs, or if I'll require a second amp later on)

PowerBass S-124D 12"

Dual voice coil

Impedance (per voice coil) -- 4 ohms

Peak Power Handling -- 600 watts each

RMS Power Handling -- 300 watts each

Sensitivity -- 91 dB

Frequency Response -- 31 - 450 Hz

Those are the specs of the subs, don't know if all those are needed for help, but I'm listing them anyways.

Also, would a ported or sealed box be better for these? I built my own box, its currently sealed, but if recommended I will port it.

- Go to Google- Enter the words "subwoofer wiring diagrams"

- Click the link of your choosing

thumbup.gif
Thanks, but I've already done this pre-posting. You're absolutely right, there is lots of different links I can choose from. HOWEVER, the reason I posted here is because there is some kick ass people who aren't rude, and who are willing to give their opinion based off of their experience for subwoofers of those specifications.

So, I can either google and randomly pick a setup and hope I chose the right one, or I can admit when I am not sure, ask for help, and respect those who have experience in wiring by taking their advice. I chose the latter.

Dude, wiring a pair of subwoofers has nothing to do with opinions. You have a pair of 4 ohm dvc subs, that means they can be wired to 1 ohm:

1ohm-2.gif

or 4 ohms:

4ohms.gif

They're 300 watts rms, which means you'll need 600 watts rms OR MORE @ 1 or 4 ohms for the pair. Once again, no opinions needed.

Go here

Woofersetc.com the online car audio super store, the largest selection at the lowest prices!

and here

OnlineCarStereo: Wholesale Car Audio Stereo video Deals At Bargain Prices

to look at amplifiers. When you see one that you think is decent, show it to us and we'll give you the opinions you crave.

If you're interested in learning the basic differences between ported and sealed enclosures, read something like this: Sealed vs. Ported Enclosures | Klaus Audio

If the information you need isn't present in that link, find it elsewhere. You could also use the search function on this forum to find answers for just about any question that could arise in the world of car audio.

We love to help those who help themselves. Spoon feeding people gets old quickly.

Dude, wiring a pair of subwoofers has nothing to do with opinions. ...

We love to help those who help themselves. Spoon feeding people gets old quickly.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I am not asking you, or anyone else for that matter to spoon feed me. I have googled plenty, and found diagrams on 1ohm, 2 ohm, 4 ohm and 8 ohms. What I was simply asking was, how would you (or anyone else) wire those particular subwoofers. I'm well aware I can wire them in either of those two loads you've put up for me, but I could have done that too. I was asking for an opinion as to which wiring method would be best, (i.e.: Which wiring method would you choose, if you were installing these for yourself)

As for the amp... I too can add 300 + 300 = 600 watts RMS like you've done, that wasn't my problem. I just wasn't sure on if I need an amp that puts out a total RMS combined of all the subs, if I should be looking at the amps total watts and not rms, or if just 300 watt RMS would suffice. To an audio buff such as yourself, this is probably a pretty stupid question. But guess what? There are average people out there that don't know too much about how amplifier watts work. I plan on purchasing an amp with plenty of power, more than I know I'll need. I am simply asking this question so I can understand how this part works.

Now the box... I've done my searches on this as well. I know the difference between sealed, ported/vented boxes. I wasn't looking for you to google me an answer, or link me to a website that described enclosures. Just like my question on wiring, I was asking for an opinion. If you (or anyone else) were building a box for these particular subwoofers, which box style would you choose?

If you actually stopped looking for audio noobies such as myself to pray on, then maybe you would understand the difference between someone coming for help and opinion from those who know their stuff, and those who are too lazy to look for their own answer. After all, I did find caraudio.com through google while looking for my answers. If this was the other way around, and I had someone coming to me for their advice, I'd take it as a compliment. I sure as hell wouldn't get all butt hurt over it like yourself.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I am not asking you, or anyone else for that matter to spoon feed me. I have googled plenty, and found diagrams on 1ohm, 2 ohm, 4 ohm and 8 ohms. What I was simply asking was, how would you (or anyone else) wire those particular subwoofers. I'm well aware I can wire them in either of those two loads you've put up for me, but I could have done that too. I was asking for an opinion as to which wiring method would be best, (i.e.: Which wiring method would you choose, if you were installing these for yourself)
As for the amp... I too can add 300 + 300 = 600 watts RMS like you've done, that wasn't my problem. I just wasn't sure on if I need an amp that puts out a total RMS combined of all the subs, if I should be looking at the amps total watts and not rms, or if just 300 watt RMS would suffice. To an audio buff such as yourself, this is probably a pretty stupid question. But guess what? There are average people out there that don't know too much about how amplifier watts work. I plan on purchasing an amp with plenty of power, more than I know I'll need. I am simply asking this question so I can understand how this part works.

Now the box... I've done my searches on this as well. I know the difference between sealed, ported/vented boxes. I wasn't looking for you to google me an answer, or link me to a website that described enclosures. Just like my question on wiring, I was asking for an opinion. If you (or anyone else) were building a box for these particular subwoofers, which box style would you choose?

If you actually stopped looking for audio noobies such as myself to pray on, then maybe you would understand the difference between someone coming for help and opinion from those who know their stuff, and those who are too lazy to look for their own answer. After all, I did find caraudio.com through google while looking for my answers. If this was the other way around, and I had someone coming to me for their advice, I'd take it as a compliment. I sure as hell wouldn't get all butt hurt over it like yourself.
translation; I can't be bothered with learning any of this stuff for myself. I wish to be lead, by the hand, through each and every decision that needs to be made.

Once again, wire the subs to 1 or 4 ohms, just as I've shown. Then choose a sealed or ported enclosure based on your listening habits and/or preferences. Finally, look at the websites I linked and choose an amplifier that looks good to you (600+ watts rms at whatever impedance you decide to wire the subs to). Ask questions about that specific product.

If you can't be bothered with any of those things, you'll find little or no real help here...

translation; I can't be bothered with learning any of this stuff for myself. I wish to be lead, by the hand, through each and every decision that needs to be made.
Once again, wire the subs to 1 or 4 ohms, just as I've shown. Then choose a sealed or ported enclosure based on your listening habits and/or preferences. Finally, look at the websites I linked and choose an amplifier that looks good to you (600+ watts rms at whatever impedance you decide to wire the subs to). Ask questions about that specific product.

If you can't be bothered with any of those things, you'll find little or no real help here...
You're a funny man. You read into things the way you want, translate them into random ******** that you think you read. You must be the cool kid on these boards, yeah? It's alright, every board has a couple and I was unfortunate enough to meet you on my second day on these boards.

Like I've been saying from the start, what I am looking for won't be found on google. So move on, and go find yourself another audio noob to preach google to.

You're a funny man. You read into things the way you want, translate them into random ******** that you think you read. You must be the cool kid on these boards, yeah? It's alright, every board has a couple and I was unfortunate enough to meet you on my second day on these boards.
Like I've been saying from the start, what I am looking for won't be found on google. So move on, and go find yourself another audio noob to preach google to.
Your specific question about that specific equipment may not be found on google, but the knowledge required to answer such a question most certainly is.

I either answered or offered advice pertaining to every question you asked. It's not my fault that you're too stupid or lazy to do anything for yourself. Go to Steve Meade Designs (SMD), man. The idiots over there will lead you by the hand. You'll be running Fi and RF in no time...

I either answered or offered advice pertaining to every question you asked. It's not my fault that you're too stupid or lazy to do anything for yourself. Go to Steve Meade Designs (SMD), man. The idiots over there will lead you by the hand. You'll be running Fi and RF in no time...
What's wrong with FI //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.