Wiring for a Rockford Fosgate 800.2 amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ynot
10+ year member

I just read this on a web site Important Note: A 4 gauge amp wiring kit cannot be used alone to install this amplifier. What are they talking about ? No where else have seen this note .

I dunno where you heard it but dont listen to it 4g wire will work great i would even try 2 for that amp for more power to it also get a capacitor if u have any other ?s about your install ask.

Originally posted by Ynot:I just read this on a web site Important Note: A 4 gauge amp wiring kit cannot be used alone to install this amplifier. What are they talking about ? No where else have seen this note .

They are right. The kit doesn't come with someone to install it for you
What website ? I would like to see that.

ramos and jlman here is the web site where I saw the note about not being able to use 4 ga wire http://www.discountave.net/ . I also read something about needing two distribution blocks on crutchfield . Someone on the board here already told me thats not true . Right now I am starting to wonder if some of these sites know what they are talking about .
All I know is monday it will all be here and I find out for sure what I still need to get .

Originally posted by Ynot:ramos and jlman here is the web site where I saw the note about not being able to use 4 ga wire http://www.discountave.net/ . I also read something about needing two distribution blocks on crutchfield . Someone on the board here already told me thats not true . Right now I am starting to wonder if some of these sites know what they are talking about .
All I know is monday it will all be here and I find out for sure what I still need to get .

I checked out that site. THe 800.2 they are selling is the best buy G model. I don't think it accepts 4 gauge wire.

quote:

Originally posted by Ynot:
ramos how can I tell if the one I bought is the G model ? I bought it from soundDomain.com .

I don't believe sound domain sells the G models.

I just got my amp and checked it out . It looks like 4ga wire will not fit . Here is the product #ROCG18002 . I am thinking it is the G model . If it is how can I connect 4 ga wires to it ( if possible )? I am looking for the easist and most cost effective way to do this ? I can not wait to hook it up

Yeah its possible does your amps outputs take a allen wrench or screw driver to get open to put in the wire?Either one will work anwser back and tell me.

Well just cut the wire donw a little bit to fir the wire in your amp if thats what you mean and i think it is.And as for the distrbution block there is no need for it unless your running two amps just get and in line fuse holder and put in right before you hook it to the battery.

You could also put another inline fuse right before the amp. And run 8 gauge wire from the fuse holder to the amp. Use a smaller amp fuse to protect the smaller gauge wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.