Wiring in 2nd Amplifer, Which route should I go?

how should I wire 4 speakers to a 2 channel Amp?

• Wire speakers in series at 8 ohm, right and left (fader is for scrubs)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

g4bandit

sac
Hey everyone,

I have a monoblock powered by a 4ga power wire. I have a 2nd amplifier I'm adding to the system which is a 2 channel.

Its rms output is 185watt x 2 at 4ohm (cea 2006 compliant so it is legitimate).

My front speakers are rated for 50 watt rms and my rears are 35 (all the speakers are 4 ohm)

I want to know which way I should wire it, I was thinking between these 2 options:

1: Wire the speakers in series to bump the resistance to 8 ohms to decrease the output, I'm guessing it should cut it by half down to around 100 watts rms which is a little over the combined rms of 85 but i bet they can handle it. What I'm worried about is that the rears will overpower the fronts and I'd lose fader control so i cant adjust it if that is the case. (the amp is 8ohm stable just fyi)

2: Just amplify the front speakers and run the back off of the Head-unit. With this im worried about overpowering the speakers but will turning down the gains mitigate this issue? also with this I'm not using the amp to its full potential.

3:Any other ideas that you guys have (as long as it isn't something idiotic "BRIDGE AND POWER FRONT LEFT SPEAKER AS ITS THE CLOSEST TO YOU LOL SWAG" (seen answers like this, worth a chuckle))

What would be the best way to do this? Thanks guys and girls.

and one last thing, with the 2nd amp, should use a 2nd grounding point or just use the same one as the first amp? which would provide better results (amps will be less than 1 foot from each other, and it will be ran with 4 gauge to a seat bolt so resistance is not a problem)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...