Wiring my speakers to my amp properly.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Siikdude

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
Hi there. So I have 4 of these Orion 6.5" Midrange Loudspeaker 1400 Watts Max 4 Ohm Hcca64n and anp orion The CBT4500.4. I have no idea if I have everything connected the best way to get the most out of the speakers. This is some specs of the amp (
4500W 4 Channel Class AB Amplifier
Peak Power at 2 Ohm: 4500 Watts | RMS Power at: 1300 Watts.
Stable at 2 Ohm, Frequency Response: 10Hz to 30kHz (-3dB)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 90dB)
And for the speaker this is the info I found (
Two 6.5" High-Efficiency Midrange Speakers
• 6.5" Black Paper Cone
• 1.5" High-Temperature CCAW Voice Coil
• Neodymium Magnet
• 350W RMS Each Speaker
• 700W Nominal Each Speaker
• 1400W Max Music Power Each Speaker
• 4 Ohm Impedance
• Sensitivity: 99 db/W/M
• Frequency Response: 130Hz-12KHz). I dont even know the correct wire gauge I need for them to be honest.

Last edited:
The main question is.. Where do you have all 4 speakers located in the vehicle? What Vehicle? I use 100% or as close to 100% Copper 14ga and 12ga for my speaker wiring. and should be just fine for yours.

First of all, based on the fuse rating of 120 amps, at 14.4v at 65-70% efficiency is going to produce about 275 to 300 wats x 4 channels. I'm always suspect when the manufacturer does not list the actual RMS ratings, it's kind of a dead give away. Class a/B amplifiers are not nearly as efficient as a class D, so 70% would be generous unless I'm missing something. It also does not stipulate if it is 2 ohm stable. I would assume so as it does state that it puts out 1300 watts stereo which would be the four channels bridged to two channels at 4ohms. Your speakers are 4 ohms each, you can run them to each channels and expect around 250-300 watts to each. You could get 4 more and run four pairs at each corner at 2 ohms parallel. You can't run two on each side and run the amp bridged, it's not stable at two ohms bridged, only four ohms bridged so only a single midper channel bridged. As for wiring, 12-16 gauge runs up to 15 feet should be fine, preferably 14awg.

Last edited:
Tweeters or just balls to the walls, loud pro style mids? Seems like waste to put this amplifiers power on a set of tweeters? Staying with the Cobalt motief (only because you already invested in one), I would get the matching two channel:

Amazon product ASIN B08GB8WKJ3
A set of these up front to go along:

Amazon product ASIN B0145RGZ9I
Sell a pair of the mids and run 2 of the 4 channels to the 6.5s in front. skip the rear and put these bullet tweeters up front with the mids and the new amplifier. Get a dual 2 ohm sub and use the remaining two channels and run each channel 2 ohms to each coil, call it good.

If you don't want to get a sub, you could simply use door pods and mount all the 6.5s up front (two in each door) along with the bullet tweets, using all four channels from the 4 channel amp for the 6.5s and the two channel amp to the tweeters. The sound will not be stellar, but it will definately be loud.

Where are the speakers located in the Jeep wrangler? (1987 model/2000,2004,2006,1990? What year Jeep Wrangler 4 door? Speakers in the dash? Roll bar?
I have a jeep wrangler 2010 4 door.. So 2 of my speakers are in the dash upfront. And the other 2 are in the bar in the middle of the car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...