wiring problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jay80477

I have a power acoustik head unit 75wx 4,a Reaper model r4-1000 running 2 infinity kappa 5x7 in front doors,then i have a reaper model R1-4000d mono block amp running on 1 12inch mofo wired to 1 ohm.I have a lightning audio 4gauge wire kit that both amps are running off.The guy that installed it didnt connect it to the battery directly, he ran it off a bolt that a wire from the positive on battery connects to by a fuse box under my hood.everything worked fine for the past 2 months til yesterday i was playing music at a pretty low level when all of a sudden i started smelling something burning (i always play stereo with van running)next thing i know the stereo shut off and i could see smoke coming up from the floor board.it was at night so i couldnt immediately see where it was coming from.I turned van off and popped the hood ,the fuse in the fuse holder didnt look blown even though it did look like some black smoke may have darkened the case a bit.So the next morning I checked the head unit out and notice it must was still getting power because the red security light was blinking but when i attached the face it wouldnt come on.I decided to go buy another head unit real quick ,i wired it up to the harness and went to turn it on and nothing,so i decided to check my fuse box under the dash and found that the 10a radio fuse was blown.I replaced it with a spare 10a fuse and the radio came on,but now neither of the amps come on .I checked the connections and they have not changed and the mono block dont have fuses the other amp have 2 35a fuses and neither are blown can anyone tell me what i should do next?

Try the amps in a different vehicle or invest in a new wiring kit and do it your self if all fuses are gpod

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

dont have another ride to test amps in,but i noticed another wierd issue.I have a 2000 chrysler town and country.It came with the infinity premium system where all the main speakers had amps on them,I had taken all the front speakers out and replaced the door speakers with infinity kappas that i have running to the 4 channel amp,but i did not replace the factory 6x9's thats in the rear since i had the issue i first posted i replaced the radio fuse that was blown but even the factory speakers in the rear wont play.thats why i dont think anythings wrong with the amps because if they were the problem the factory speakers should still have some kinda sound coming out.

Issue is fixed.What happen was the factory amp that come in the town and country burned out leaving a nasty odor and thats what blew the radio fuse all because the wiring harness had the power remote connected which would activate the factory amp and i had another power remote from other 2 aftermarket amps running all together so the factory amp burnt up and fried other head unit.When i installed new head unit i got no sound because i had the power remote wire from factory amp connected to my other power remote wire for the other 2 amps thus blocking them from turning on.once i disconnected power remote wire for factory amp my other amps came right on.The fuse in the fuse holder under the hood did not blow and i had all my connections,battery and amps tested for power and they all was getting like 12.7 volts of juice so they were ok.my system is actually louder now since that factory amp is not interfering i cant turn my stereo up past 10 without bass shaking my van to bits.next time i will avoid a car van ect.that has a premium system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.