Wiring Question for interior speakers..

Matttherat32792

I have a grand marquis and its sound really good rightnow.. But I know there is always room for it to be louder.. I have 2 questions.. First with my mono amp.. Its a legacy 2700 watt mono hooked to two kicker cvr 12s, everytime I pound it kicks into protection.. My old amp never went into protect and would seriesly shake the car.. The legacy does this but not like it did, My old amp was a power technique 2000 watt mono. so the legacy should put out more yea?? Its wired positive to positive and neg to neg to the amp.. Second question.. I have all aftermarket interior speakers.. 2 250 watt 6.5s and 2 500 watt 6x9s and then I have a tweeter which is 500 watts as well... I have them hooked up to an amp that is a 2 channel 250 watt and My 6x9s seems to take ALL the power.. At loud volume It sounds really good but when its lowered it seems to only come from the back.. I also have the tweeter wired into the amp as well !! I know, i know too many speakers for a 2 channel amp, but im tryin to deal beat I can.. Question is.. How should I have them wired? Tweeter to my head unit? Or the 6x9s to the head unit.. I really like them hooked to the amp, major differnce.. Just looking for some advice guys.. thanks..

Probably all cheap Boss or Audiopipe stuff!!!! All those cheap $h!t speakers take 500-1000 watts, everyone knows that! LOL!! yeah wrong section, and the problem would be solved with a better amp (try to stick to better built ones too)

I think you should investigate the Ohm load of your speakers and the ohm load you are putting to your amps. Also some amps have a limit on the pre amp voltage (4v ,5v). Turn your gain down. 6 X 9 's are useless . They will always sound bad at high volume and for the same money you could get a dedicated driver.

Get a nice 4 ch, Run tweets off the 2 ch. Are you running them through a cross over (the tweets and 6.5's)? if you get a 4ch you can have control over the fad. Wrong section, lOL it happens.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.