Wiring Question

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I am running a 4 channel amp,

I am looking to run my MTX Terminator Sub As well as my speakers.

I've never done anything before with amps, although I know how to do speakers.

I am assuming that the Sub gets its own channel, Which speaker should get which channel?

(I have two front doors, and two rears)

Secondly,

How do I know whether or not that spot that I chose to ground my ground to is a good enough ground?

What resistance coils does your sub have? If it's got dual 2 ohm coils or is single 4 ohm, you can bridge two channels for the sub and run your speakers off the other two channels.

Google how to bridge an amp and do some research. Lots of people do this with low power audio installs. There's lots of information sitting around the web waiting for you

What resistance coils does your sub have? If it's got dual 2 ohm coils or is single 4 ohm, you can bridge two channels for the sub and run your speakers off the other two channels.
Google how to bridge an amp and do some research. Lots of people do this with low power audio installs. There's lots of information sitting around the web waiting for you
How can I tell?

This is the sub:

MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure

Dual 12" Subwoofers

Single 2Ω Enclosure

1200W Max Power, 800W Peak Power, 400W RMS

How can I tell?

This is the sub:

MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure

Dual 12" Subwoofers

Single 2Ω Enclosure

1200W Max Power, 800W Peak Power, 400W RMS
Single 2 ohm, no I wouldn't recommend bridging the amp for that.

You can get a cheap little Boss or Planet 2 ohm stable monoblock amp though. $54:

Boss AR1500M 1500W Monoblock Armor Series Class D Car Amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.