Wiring question

I bought a sundown sae-1500d then bought the sundown sa12 rev 3 d2. Sub is 750w RMS

Amp is 1 ohm 1500w

2 ohm 750w

4 ohm 450w

I thought since at 2 ohm it's exactly the subs RMS so I got the d2.

How would I wire the sub at 2 ohms?
Is the subwoofer you are referring to a 2 Ohm sub? Then it's DONE!

John Kuthe...

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, One 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speaker

Book mark this site for all kinds of information..I dont know why this can not be placed as a STICKY??

To answer your question in order to wire a DVC 2 ohm sub to 2 ohms,.It can be done. You only have to wire up ONE COIL/LEAD, and you will only receive half the out put of the subs RMS rating, or better yet place only half of the rms rated power on that one coil/lead on the sub.Ive had one coil go out on a dvc sub and ran on the one working,and never had any issues over the years wired up correctly.I still have a couple subs that still work just fine on one coil after 10+ years.Its no different than running a SVC sub by using one coil/lead..other than you will be applying half the power required/rms

I was talking to a buddy and he recommended wiring the d2 sub up to 1 ohm on the amp and not turning the gain up very much.

Is this a good idea? Because I want it to be LOUD but I don't want to mess anything up as I want it to last.

I was talking to a buddy and he recommended wiring the d2 sub up to 1 ohm on the amp and not turning the gain up very much. Is this a good idea? Because I want it to be LOUD but I don't want to mess anything up as I want it to last.
It will be fine. Wire it at 1 ohm

I currently have a 4 gauge amount wiring kit in my car. Is that enough or should I go bigger?
I always use 0ga for supply.It is always just about plenty of supply for any amplifier or multiples with a distro block. take a look at the manfact. requirements.You may be able toget bye with a 4 ga kit.Id have to look it up myself. But I recommend 0 ga supply and the Big3 and a good AGM under the hood at min.Anything over 750 rms i run 0ga supply.

Where is a good place to hook up a memory wire have to bypass on star and have power hooked up to ignition

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

I currently have a 4 gauge amount wiring kit in my car. Is that enough or should I go bigger?
As everyone else said wire it to 1 ohm set gains properly should be fine. For your wire, is it ofc, welding cable, or cca? If it ofc you are more than likely ok, just may wanna check amp and cable to see if it getting hot while pushing the system hard. To be safe though you could run a 2nd run of 4 gauge ofc into dual power inputs and dual outputs for the ground to equal 0 gauge or just upgrade to 0 gauge. If your running cca then upgrade to 0 for sure.

I always use 0ga for supply.It is always just about plenty of supply for any amplifier or multiples with a distro block. take a look at the manfact. requirements.You may be able toget bye with a 4 ga kit.Id have to look it up myself. But I recommend 0 ga supply and the Big3 and a good AGM under the hood at min.Anything over 750 rms i run 0ga supply.
I could be wrong but I believe that amp only has 4 gauge terminals anyways so if you went higher than 4 you would need reducers.

**edit I stand corrected. According to amazon it does have 0 gauge inputs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.