wiring with stock HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

$IMMON$
10+ year member

hey guys, for the time being i am goin to be using my stock unit with my system and get a really good deck later. I have a quick couple of questions that hopefully you guys can help me with....

well, I am currently only hooking up a 12" sub and an amp, I know where im going to go through my firewall, where I am wiring under my carpet and where i am mounting my amp and placeing my sub box.

- Is it best to mount the sub box to the car somehow? if so what is the best way to do it?

-

for the auto remote startup wire for the amp: can i just tap an existing wire running from my deck instead of pulling out the deck? is there another way to wire things without pulling out the stock deck(which i have no idea how to do)??

also:

I was told for this to work without RCA cables i'll need to wire my amp to my rear speakers using the high input connector supplied in the box with the amp...does all of this sound right?

one more thought...will i even need and auto start up if im taping into my rear speakers for the sound signal??

Let's see here, first of welcome to the forum brother man.

Yep attach the enclosure to the car. A couple of well placed carriage bolts do the trick nicely. If you put the nuts on thr inside of the enlcosure for a theft deterant.

Auto remote startup wire = turn on lead, just needs to be a switched 12volt source. Can run your own switch if you would like.

If the amp has speaker level inputs this will work. If not you will need an LOC ( converts speaker level outputs to rca )

Yep you need the turn on lead to activate the amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.