Woffers.. Need help

BassBoi
10+ year member

NY
Hey i have a Sony X-plod Class D 1000 watt amp...

and I have no idea what kind of woffers to get...

If any one can give me a few suggestions it would be really helpful

The amp can take up to a 4 om Load.. i think ( correct me if im wrong)

these are the Specs

Frequency Response -- 5-300Hz (+0/-3dB)

Harmonic Distortion -- 0.06% or less at 1kHz, 4 ohms

Speaker Impedance -- 1 - 8 ohms

Input level adjustment range -- 0.2 - 6.0 Volts (line level), 0.4 - 12.0 Volts (speaker level)

Power Supply Voltage -- 10.5 - 16 Volts

Current Drain -- At rated output: 40 Amps at 4 ohms, remote input 2.0 mA

I need some real thump... If possible feel the bass if im standing out side the car...

I have 200$$ to spend on the woffers... so if you have any suggestions please let me know

ThnX

$200 is really pushing the bottom end of things...the 12W0's are probably the best bet...just like what kid said above. If you get them, get single voice coil 4 ohm speakers...wire in parellel and you amp will run at 2 ohms...plenty of power...and it will handle this okay.

Why type of vehicle...box design really helps make the bass good...but who cares how it sounds OUTSIDE ?!?!?!

...I just don't get that...

I got 2 really good JBLs

for about 70 buks each....

poly woofer with butyl rubber surround

dual voice coils

dual magnet structure

power range 18-300 watts RMS (150 watts per coil)

peak power 1,200 watts

frequency range 18-500 Hz

sensitivity 93 dB SPL

top mount depth 5-15/16"

sealed box volume 1.25 cubic feet

ported box volume 2.0 cubic feet

That Class D Sony supposedly makes 1000 watts RMS@1ohm. I almost got it instead of my bd500.1. In that case, you should run two dual 4 ohm subs with everything in parallel, and they'll receive 500 watts RMS. The thing is, I don't know if the Sony amp REALLY makes 1000watts. Has anyone tried them out?

I heard that sony amp hooked up to 2 mtx 6000 12's. It hit pretty hard the volume wasn't turned up very high and I can't remember exactly how the set up was. Just make sure your amp can push the rms of whatever speaker you get

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.