Women and bass!!

I'm 30 with a 4 and 5yr old. My wife knew I loved listening to music when I met her 13yrs ago. As long as the bills are paid then I'm good with what ever hobby she has and she's good with mine. My kids have been listening to music since they were in the womb and if given a choice they would choose a radio over tv any day. My justification is that you can't listen to music without hearing ever part of the music being played. Subs fall into that lol

I'm 30 with a 4 and 5yr old. My wife knew I loved listening to music when I met her 13yrs ago. As long as the bills are paid then I'm good with what ever hobby she has and she's good with mine. My kids have been listening to music since they were in the womb and if given a choice they would choose a radio over tv any day. My justification is that you can't listen to music without hearing ever part of the music being played. Subs fall into that lol
Our problem isn't with money it's with time.

lmfao this thread is dope but im lucky my girl has a expensive makeup habit spends probably 500 to 1000 a year I spent maybe 500 on my system last year she only tells me to make sure I don't spend more then I need to cause we have bills other than that she's all for it I have a 1yr old and for now I spend plenty of time with him can't wait to get him into sound systems or at least make him start helping me out with mine (fetching tools and wires) good luck just take the kids outside with you and you wont hear a complaint I bet

lmfao this thread is dope but im lucky my girl has a expensive makeup habit spends probably 500 to 1000 a year I spent maybe 500 on my system last year she only tells me to make sure I don't spend more then I need to cause we have bills other than that she's all for it I have a 1yr old and for now I spend plenty of time with him can't wait to get him into sound systems or at least make him start helping me out with mine (fetching tools and wires) good luck just take the kids outside with you and you wont hear a complaint I bet

I thought I was the only one. Lol

Taking the kids outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah 1000 on makeup if that was my girl she'd definitely have nothing to say about my hobby but that's not my girl. She's country she could care less about 1000 in makeup

Yeah, I hope I have a son and he loves car audio.

I'll make him pay for things and do the work himself, but will provide all the help/knowledge he wants.

If I have a girl, I'll buy her first car for her and maybe put a small system in it for her if she wants (nothing crazy). If she was into audio though, I would definitely encourage her. It's just not as common for teenage girls to be into subs, imo.

I'd be the over-protective dad if I have a daughter. I've got shotguns, and would be cleaning them on a daily basis //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Yeah, I hope I have a son and he loves car audio.

I'll make him pay for things and do the work himself, but will provide all the help/knowledge he wants.

If I have a girl, I'll buy her first car for her and maybe put a small system in it for her if she wants (nothing crazy). If she was into audio though, I would definitely encourage her. It's just not as common for teenage girls to be into subs, imo.

I'd be the over-protective dad if I have a daughter. I've got shotguns, and would be cleaning them on a daily basis //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

How many of you out there have girlfriends that actually like your systems? Mine don't in fact no one around me in my area that I know does. My gf is always mad at me because I spend my free time messing with mine.
They all think I'm stupid at 33 messing with this stuff. I enjoy it but I do have to say I've had a run of some bad luck lately. I have a new baby, only one vehicle and not much room. I'm wondering if they are right, maybe I need to grow up...anyone else had this problem? I'm just sick of it!
if they dont like loud music them screw em. tell your girl that putting on her face everyday is something little girls do. now that your with her there is no need for her to put her face on everyday since you are with her. theres no need to try and win you over with wipe-able looks.

hobbies are hobbies. and they are there to keep us occupied with something that we feel makes us happy. i am 31 and you know what sometimes i feel like maybe its time to stop. but then 90% of the time says i cant stand listening to music without hard bass. i dont think ill ever leave this hobby alone. and my girl loves my system. ervytime i tell her im gunna get a new amp or buy new subs ort try a diff box she just rolls her eyes and smirks. in the end its what you feel is right.

if your limited on space now then get a nice upgraded sound system. nothing wrong with that. make it interesting to try and be able to get nice bass out of speakers. and some smaller 8 in drivers instead of big ole subs.

I'm 38, married, two kids, mortgage the whole nine. My wife supports my hobby and likes to hop in and hear it when i've done something new or different. Aslong as your spending your free money she should let you enjoy your hobby.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.