Wondering how mucb power i could push on mt stock electrical system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darinf01

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I am trying to add subs to my 2017 mustang gt premuim so it has the 200 amp alternator. I have a 6 Farad power cap I wanted to get some thing that would push some like hard bass. I wanted to do an enclosed back seat that I can just put my back seats forwards and I can see my subs and the port possibly and that I can still close my backseat up just trying to gauge how many watt rms I'd be capable off running.

So I am trying to add subs to my 2017 mustang gt premuim so it has the 200 amp alternator. I have a 6 Farad power cap I wanted to get some thing that would push some like hard bass. I wanted to do an enclosed back seat that I can just put my back seats forwards and I can see my subs and the port possibly and that I can still close my backseat up just trying to gauge how many watt rms I'd be capable off running.
I have a 2006 Mustang GT and the alternator amperage is 135. I'm running 3 amps totalling 1600 amps, driving 2 subs, 4 - 6x8 and 2 - 6.5. Ive been runnig them for several years with no problems. As previously stated, you should be okay around the 2000 amp range.
I also have the same setup that you propose for the rear seat. I built a speaker grill to cover the opening created with the rear seats down, so the sound from the subs is not dampened.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...