Wood screws/glue?

No matter what type of router bits being used, I'd rather not have them hitting metal screws and having sparks fly. IIRC, they were made to cut wood.
if you look closely at a metal router bit what do you see different?

nothing but the name they are made from the same c3 and c4 hardened carbide tool steel only the bit itself looks different my brother is a cnc machinist and gives me all his worn down round over bits that i have sharpened and reuse for wood his bit looks no dif than my 65$ rockler bits no dif at all

Thank you james bang............I use really good bits thank you Sic No matter what bit you use its better for the router to hit brad nails than screws....besides screws take toooooo long and f up the edges of the box if not done right.......besides who uses screws anymore.

i glue screw and brad nail/ clamp every box i make, which is quite a few lolz

it is never good to hit a screw it is very dangerous, but it does happen now and then which is why i use the best bits i can afford.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.