Worth it to go from coaxial to components in front doors?

dtbingle

MI
Right now I have coaxial Polk Audio db651s in all four doors of my 2011 jeep liberty powered with 50W a piece from a Rockford Fosgate amp and Rockford Fosgate Prime R1T-S tweeters in the dash reflecting off of the windshield powered with 50W a piece from my head unit. The tweeters are only rated for 40W RMS and get distorted bad at 2/3 volume or higher. My question is would it be better to just replace the tweeters with an appropriate replacement such as the RE Audio TW-25 Tweeters and keep my coaxial door speakers or replace my front door speakers and dash tweeters with the polk audio 6501 component set and power those from only my amp?

I would say $130-150, but less is better. I really like the sound of my current polk audio db651s which is why I was thinking replace them with their component counterpart.

I would say $130-150, but less is better. I really like the sound of my current polk audio db651s which is why I was thinking replace them with their component counterpart.
This post makes no sense, you like them but want to replace them... Hummm....

This post makes no sense, you like them but want to replace them... Hummm....
you should just buy the db6501 component set and put the 651's in the rear. also you should get a better amp cuz the one you have doesnt even produce that much power. and running tweeters off a headunit is always gonna sound bad if you dont have any good crossover settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.