WTB Angle Grinder

kyle3194
10+ year member

Kansas
Hello all, I am looking to buy an angle grinder.

My dad has one, but it is not very powerful, so im looking to upgrade him for Christmas. Needs to be 120v and a decent brand. (Dewalt, Craftsman, Mac, Snap-On, any other good brands with good power).

PM what you have.

Thanks!

Just get one from Harbor Freight. No matter what the brand, they will burn up over time if you run them hard- whether good brand or cheap brand. My dad used to get the good Milwaukees all the time and just put in new brushes when the motors would blow. He found its cheaper to just get the cheapy Harbor Frieghts ones for like $10. If you use anything bigger than a 6in disk on a standard angle grinder, the motor will become toast. We spent 6 years working on and off doing body work on the hotrod we are restoring. We use our grinders pretty hard though, lots of cutting sheetmetal and fabbing and grinding down welds.

Yeah our Harbor freight one does pretty good. I think it was $14.99. Just replace it every year and you should be good. And they offer a 2 year extended warranty. We use ours for automotive body work, sanding, cutting etc.

I got the Harbor Freight one, It is fine for light stuff but as soon as you want to grind away something hard it doesn't really have the power and will start to smell like burnt electronics.

If he only wants one for light stuff like sharpening blade, light cutting - you can get the HF anything more and get a better brand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

kyle3194

10+ year member
kyle3194
Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views