wtf is pioneer thinking?

why are you defending the company that limits your choices in hopes of making a profit on you?

and designs the units in a way that they always lack one or two important features and forces youto spend more money.

a good example would be lack of support for flac files.

pioneers excuse was that it requires more processing power.

well lets see. the gay dolphin graphics also require processing power...

designs the units in a way that they always lack one or two important features and forces youto spend more money.
trying to figure out how to get people to spend more money while giving them less is business man. simple as that.

why are you defending the company that limits your choices in hopes of making a profit on you?and designs the units in a way that they always lack one or two important features and forces youto spend more money.

a good example would be lack of support for flac files.

pioneers excuse was that it requires more processing power.

well lets see. the gay dolphin graphics also require processing power...
If you open your options to more then Pioneer then you dont have an issue. Your narrow minded and ignorant. And your lack of business understanding is overwhelming.

Take my 860MP. It was/is a top of the line unit from Pioneer. In order to get the crossovers, DACs, Preout volts, etc It also had to come with a useless color screen that animates a car zooming around. I bought it with some lines on the screen and my buddies are like why would you buy a fked up HU. And all I can think is this is why they put the screen on there. To be able to sell enough to justify making a HU of that caliber. IDC whats on the screen if it sounds good. I traded all my newer HUs for older alpines and pioneers. 860mp and 9855 to be exact

the animation on the screen is aimed at the people that want "THE ****" in other words they want the best **** available without knowing how to use it.

just for show.

i had a guy with the 880prs that had it for 2 years, he didnt know how to take the faceplate off, almost bought another 600 dollar unit to replace it.

he was very surprised when i took the face off with a simple push of a button. and wheni changed the color from blue to white he almost **** his pants...

i never said i dont like pioneer.

i just wish they stop trying to sell GARBAGE!!!!!

why cant they make an update to 8600 with USB buit in? can anyone tell me? it was a very popular unit.

because they made the prs99 and they want all of us to buy it if we want anything more than bluetooth and gay animations with 8khz EQ...

do you know that less processing means less noise?

when the processing is done in the headunit its the purest sound you will get.

external processor amplifies the noise as well

it goes thru the DSP in the headunit

preamp

RCA

another processor in the external unit and then out to another set of RCAs and another processor in teh amp.

great way to amplify all the distortions that are introduced by each component

do you know that less processing means less noise?
when the processing is done in the headunit its the purest sound you will get.

external processor amplifies the noise as well

it goes thru the DSP in the headunit

preamp

RCA

another processor in the external unit and then out to another set of RCAs and another processor in teh amp.

great way to amplify all the distortions that are introduced by each component
Thats why external processors that are worth a **** have a very good S/N ratio and are very efficient with a very low rate of THD generally in the .0x or .00x range.

I want to know why Pioneer spends so much money designing HU's they only release in Japan.

I would have thought they could save money on making the crap the try to sell in the US by releasing the Japanese models here instead (after changing radio frequencies so they work here, of course).

Look at this, its a dual din (not double din, it has two independent units that work together), model AVIC-VH9990........

pic_vh9990_main_05.jpg

Translation result for http://pioneer.jp/

I want to know why Pioneer spends so much money designing HU's they only release in Japan.
I would have thought they could save money on making the crap the try to sell in the US by releasing the Japanese models here instead (after changing radio frequencies so they work here, of course).

Look at this, its a dual din (not double din, it has two independent units that work together), model AVIC-VH9990........

pic_vh9990_main_05.jpg

Translation result for http://pioneer.jp/
that's a sexy looking unit

carrozzeria is a separate company from pioneer i think.

they design the units pioneer makes them.

its kind of special edition.

from what i remember.

Im not saying Pioneer stuff is garbage. Im just saying they want to make a good HU but they have to make it glitzy so they can make a profit while pleasing audiophiles. If I could get another 860 or 8600 I would jizz. I like the 9855 I have a lot as well but the nav blows chode. Ill stick to CDs if it means getting the quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.