Xfl 10” vs dual Ct sounds strato 8’s

That 10 box is tuned to 32 hz? I forget. It’ll be cool for sure to see how these two compare. That’s an XFL 10? Those 8’s and that AB 10 are so different in ways, it’ll be interesting to see how they perform vs each other. I bet the 8’s might hit a little higher harder, with their Fs and xmax. But idk, how small of box they can use might allow them to resonate lower in a larger box easily. The AB’s tend to have a large amount of throw designed into them, too (xmech). It’ll be interesting 🤓
Yep, xfl box tuned to 32hz. Was originally made for a Stereo Integrity sql but after building and chatting with nick, the box was not compatible. So, I attached another baffle and threw the 10 in it. Sub has soo much throw. I can’t get it to bottom out. Anxious to see results for comparison myself.

312EFFBC-CC1E-480D-AC52-0AFDF17836E9.jpeg
26A08798-E85C-4771-8E39-F6A2917F9E73.jpeg
A76D1C3B-5208-4E25-B42D-5DE626D11075.jpeg

the length of the windings on the coil from bottom to top where it ends. A hawk 10 for example only has about 10-12mm (can’t remember exactly which number) of mathematically calculated xmax using winding width and top plate thickness. Last ones I rebuilt I used a coil to achieve 25mm mathematically calculated with aluminum flat wire and those little guys are being run on a 3500x1 half bridge and doing wonderful. The the stock coil he pretty much nuked them 😂🤣.
OMG!! LOL. That Joker is about as Crisp as one can get. Wow!!

Always a good choice. Looks dammned good too. Better than my skills on an enclosure

@Ridinhi isn’t afraid of crazy angles with box building. I definitely give him props for building that t-shaped-box that he put the AB 10” in. I tried to keep the design as simple as possible, but just the nature of that design, iirc, every single piece had some angle, and the front baffles were a different angle than the side fronts, so he’s definitely got the will and skill to build some of the more difficult types of enclosures. Some of his builds are legit impressive; attaching all those angles correctly and neatly is quite difficult, imo. Building a cube-shaped slot port box to throw in your trunk is way easier than what he’s doing, IMO. My personal wrapping or carpeting skills would look like a kindergartner with crayons compared to that single 10” box, like I just can’t imagine even where to begin on some of that stuff, lol. Good skills 🤓

@Ridinhi isn’t afraid of crazy angles with box building. I definitely give him props for building that t-shaped-box that he put the AB 10” in. I tried to keep the design as simple as possible, but just the nature of that design, iirc, every single piece had some angle, and the front baffles were a different angle than the side fronts, so he’s definitely got the will and skill to build some of the more difficult types of enclosures. Some of his builds are legit impressive; attaching all those angles correctly and neatly is quite difficult, imo. Building a cube-shaped slot port box to throw in your trunk is way easier than what he’s doing, IMO. My personal wrapping or carpeting skills would look like a kindergartner with crayons compared to that single 10” box, like I just can’t imagine even where to begin on some of that stuff, lol. Good skills 🤓
Thanks man!!😁 I appreciate that. Can’t lie, some of your designs have me doubting myself from the start but once I get a few pieces attached, it comes alon(slowly 😂). Inwill say that your designs made me go out and buy a table saw😂. Luckily I picked one up at a local pawn shop for $39.99. Thanks again man!

Thanks man!!😁 I appreciate that. Can’t lie, some of your designs have me doubting myself from the start but once I get a few pieces attached, it comes alon(slowly 😂). Inwill say that your designs made me go out and buy a table saw😂. Luckily I picked one up at a local pawn shop for $39.99. Thanks again man!
$40 BUCKS??? Man what a hell of a bargain that was!! 👀 👀 💩 Id prob find one trashed or rusted all to hell with 2 or 3 legs around here. NICE!!

I don't suppose you ever end up in central Florida do ya? I know for sure I can't build my box properly, but you could definitely pull it off, lol.

Matt
Lol, thanks man. I’ve come a long way. My boxes are far from perfect but coming from building my first box with a jigsaw to a table saw, I’ve improved a bit,lol.

EDCF98F1-D34D-4869-9D9A-5D0A13C1848A.jpeg
C7803259-6985-4A51-ADB6-C4F727AF7E69.jpeg
C295E653-27A6-4D64-AFB0-78E8ADF681E7.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...