Xfl problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bass911
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas,TX
Anyone know if they had a bad batch of xfl's? I installed one for my niece and it didn't last a week before she smoked it. It's on a zx1500.1 at 2ohm. I replaced it with a hds312 and it is holding up well so far. It looks like coil is jacked up. The sub is still stiff and never was broke in. The spider and tinsels are in perfect shape.

20150529_141321.jpg

Box is about 2.65 with 3 3" ports tuned to 33

20141227_121542.jpg

Xfl coil

20150607_172924.jpg

Side by side for those who thought these were close to the same size. The xfl had a stronger deeper sound than the hds312 when it was working.

20150607_173052.jpg

20150607_173102.jpg

I dont know if they had a bad lot but looks like it was driven into clipping and the coil seperated more than likely from distortion.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was user error because I listened to it a few days before I gave the car to her. I was listening to decaf stuff and didn't smell any coil. She said there was smoke coming out of the ports then it stopped playing. I tried to explain the break-in process to her, but I'm pretty sure she didn't listen. The gain was a little over a fourth, and that was pushing the xfl pretty good. The only other sub gain is on the Massive Audio Eq. I'll never know the truth. She probably was showing off with her friends and blew it? If she blows the hds I will know for sure because I know how to set gains properly.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was user error because I listened to it a few days before I gave the car to her. I was listening to decaf stuff and didn't smell any coil. She said there was smoke coming out of the ports then it stopped playing. I tried to explain the break-in process to her, but I'm pretty sure she didn't listen. The gain was a little over a fourth, and that was pushing the xfl pretty good. The only other sub gain is on the Massive Audio Eq. I'll never know the truth. She probably was showing off with her friends and blew it? If she blows the hds I will know for sure because I know how to set gains properly.
You don't need to "break in" subs before you wang on them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.