XM adaptor help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kenwoody

2009 saturn vue with factory XM.

I installed a kenwood DDX374bt head unit. Its supposed to be XM ready.

The wiring adapter I was sold is a Radio pro RP5-GM31.

It has 2 RCA outs that are supposed to be for XM.

My issue is the Kenwood does NOT have an RCA in for XM. The manual says to use the multi pin DIN input.

I cannot find an adapter for this anywhere. The ones I find are for the older 13 pin kenwoods and look nothing like what I have. I attached a pic of the back of my head unit so you can see the adapter I need. Its the input labeled ext I/F ....

Can I use the Ipod input for XM or is there an adapter I am not aware of?

temporary_zpseja66rur.png

Sent from my block to yours!

So the fact that the kenwood unit says XM ready means absolutley nothing?

The RP5- GM31 is supposed to allow the factory XM receiver under the rear seat and ant to be used with just an adapter.

WOulda never bought this POS head unit if I woulda known this.

After reading your radio is not compatible with the gm35 if you want XM radio, I suggest that you take the GM35 back if possible and get the tuner that I suggested! Do you have stering wheel controls? If so you can keep it as it's one of the few that works with your vehicle. I got my tuner and antenna connector for $30 on eBay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.