xxx vs brahma

BooLeaN
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys, I currently have 2 Alpine R 12's and I am looking for more bass. I have done tonnes of research and found 2 great subs, the RE xxx's and Adire Audio's Brahma. I have an American Bass CX1200d amp, that will deliver 1200 watts RMS @ 1 ohm, 4 guage wiring, and a 1 farad cap.

I was wondering which of the two subs you would reccommend. My trunk is 40" long, 10.5" wide and 18" high so I would be looking at a rear mount or front mounting sub. I have a 1990 Tracker. I want tonnes of spl, and good sq at moderate volume.

I know that I can get the Adire product from their webpage, but I am unsure where to get the RE's.

I would be looking into a ported box, and with 3/4 " mdf my max box size would be around 3.3 cubes minus driver displacement. If that helps at all.

I want to make some serious noise. I am either looking for a single 12 or a single 15, depending on costs.

Thanks all for you help =)

I know that I can get the Adire product from their webpage, but I am unsure where to get the RE's.
I've never owned an adire product, but for RE you have to call them for pricing and ordering. Look around for the #, im feeling lazy right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .

XXX 12" is 369+ shipping

XXX 15" is 399+ shipping

email sales@respl.com

I own an XXX 15" and I love it. With only 1200 watts and that amount of room you might be better off looking at the Image Dynamics IDMAX or Resonant Engineering HC.

And it would probably be hard to fit a 15" in there unless you go sealed.

I would recommend the IDMAX, very nice sub. Gets plenty loud and sounds real nice doing it, plus you won't need a lot of space.

You can get it from Sounddomain.com (authorized).

XXX 12" is 369+ shippingXXX 15" is 399+ shipping

email sales@respl.com

With only 1200 watts and that amount of room you might be better off looking at the Image Dynamics IDMAX or Resonant Engineering HC.
I don't see why a ported (recommended enclosure) XXX12 wouldn't work well for his criteria.

unless you can get more than 3.3 cu feet i wouldn't port a 12/15 xxx because their displacement is around .2 cu feet......3.1 cu ft is a little small for the xxx imo....i'd say look into the magnum d2....that seems like it would fit this situation perfectly...it won't require a huge ported box either so you'll probably be able to port it if you want ..... just my .02 cents....good luck

Well you picked a good amp. I am looking at the American Bass 150.1 for next season.

3cu' sealed would put you at 39-40Hz. Really with how low the Brahma and the XXX get, you can get away with tuning it a little on the high side because it will produce the lows anyway. That's just what I have found out. I have my Brahma tuned to 38Hz and I think it sounds find....great SQ and gets hella loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.