• Thread starter <MCW03>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<MCW03>

Alright, I spent about 4 hours in Tweeters today talking to their car audio rep. After plenty of conversation and demonstrations, we arived at this setup:

1 JL Audio XR650CX Component Set

1 JL Audio 300/4 Amplifier

1 JL Audio 12WO4 Sub

...I had initially had my sights set a lot higher than this, but he convinced me that this setup would do the trick (also reassured me that he'd take it all back full refund if I didn't like it). But, anyways...The amp would power the components and sub, my deck would power the other rear factory speakers (since they're going to be drowned out anyways).

I'm going to be dropping $1,500 on this setup. Including speakers, premium box, and expert labor. So, I want to be happy. What are your thoughts?...how good of a setup is this?

...I'll be having a Pioneer P7300 deck if it's any concern...

That is not that good of a deal. To me JL's ****. I could put that to shame for less than a grand. I suggest checking around a little while longer before making a decision. There are a lot of great products out there, so take a look.

The WO will be in a ported box.

Yes, $1500 is way steep for this stuff. I could buy it off ebay/internet for probably less than half that cost.

Here is the quote he gave me:

JL Audio XR650CX - $243.90

JL Audio 300/4 Amp - $459.99

JL Audio 12WO4 - $109.99

All of that totals $813.88...

The rest of the $1,500 comes in on Monster Cable, a $180 ported box, and installation.

I had been planning on buying off internet, but, after going to this store they convinced me to spend the high dollar. I have my system guaranteed for 5 years...If I blow anything, if I even THINK I've blown anything, I take it in and they look at it/fix it/replace it free of charge. I know I couldn't get that from anywhere on the Internet. I also know the products I'm getting aren't sh*t.

So, I'm paying the extra money for peace of mind.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.